1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Mirrorless ILCs with very good EVFs?

Discussion in 'Open Gear Talk' started by Jonathan F/2, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 SC Regular

Aug 21, 2011
    Los Angeles, USA
    I'm just wondering what mirrorless cameras have the most useable EVFs in terms of maintaining a high refresh rate regardless of lighting conditions. So far I find the Olympus and Nikon 1 system EVFs to work really well even in dim light. Since I haven't used all cameras, I'm just wondering what other EVFs meet this criteria? Thanks for any opinions!

2. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Fuji XT1 - it's really huge and bright and detailed. I'm not sure I ever really tested the limits of it's refresh rate in dim light though...

3. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    Apparently the Leica SL's evf is on another level, but then you do pay for it, in size and money.

4. kevistopheles

kevistopheles SC Regular

Jan 2, 2015
    The Fuji X-T1 is one of the best I have ever seen and the Olympus OMD's (just about any version) are also very good.

5. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 SC Regular

Aug 21, 2011
    Los Angeles, USA
    Does the X-T10 EVF work similarly to the X-T1 EVF? Also does the Fuji EVFs work similar to the Olympus EVFs in dim conditions?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  6. kevistopheles

kevistopheles SC Regular

Jan 2, 2015
    I only used the X-T1 briefly but the EVF is friggin' enormous so that's a large part of it's appeal. I don't believe Fuji EVF's auto adjust in dim conditions like Olympus one (I have the E-M10). FWIW I turned auto adjust off. I like the EVF on the Olympus a lot especially with the high refresh rate option (and the newer ones are even better), That said, If I had it to do over I'm not sure I would choose to buy one. I think other cameras have advantages that outweigh the really nice EVF (for me).

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  7. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Fuji X-T1
    Sony A7 (all)
    Olympus E-M1 & E-M5 mk2
    Panasonic GH4 (Best I have seen so far!!!)

8. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 SC Top Veteran

Feb 6, 2015
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    I've no problems with the Olympus EM1