1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Mirrorless Pentax K-01

Discussion in 'Pentax K-01 Forum' started by christilou, Mar 16, 2012.

1. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Not sure where to post these as there's no slot just yet.

Shot at Borough Market today, London Bridge, London, using new kit lens 40mm XS (extra small?). Aperture priority f4 (mostly) auto iso. Very pleased as it's a really unobtrusive camera even though it is a bit brick like. I shot all of my photos one handed and whilst the af isn't blazingly fast a la Olympus EP3, it was sufficient to feel pretty snappy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IMGP0228-1.

Is it me or do these colours look a little Leica like?

• Like Like x 17
  2. retow

retow SC All-Pro

Jul 24, 2010
    Looking very good, especially the last one. I think you could claim having shot them with the X1 and nobody would question it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    lovely color and sharp as heck

• Like Like x 1
  4. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Absolutely love the colours in these, and technically the shots are great. Its the bricklike thing that turns me off owning one. I was all set to buy based on rumours but when I saw it... kak! I've seen some gorgeous shots on PF as well. How are you finding the access door? I believe its concealed under some kind of flap?

• Like Like x 1
  5. nikki

nikki SC Top Veteran

Sep 12, 2011
    Dublin ,Ireland
    lovely photos - I find pentax is very similar to leica colour i have 3 leica cameras ( not very expensive ones ) and i got a pentax k20d for that very fact that the colour is very film like !

6. Andrewteee

Andrewteee SC All-Pro

Jul 8, 2010
    These are very, very nice.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    Nice shots (the baguettes have my mouth watering!), but is it me or is the first one very pixelated?

8. christilou

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Thanks! I've noticed that sometimes putting the files into Camera Bag and cropping makes them seem quite pixelated. Don't know why..... ?

9. norman shearer

norman shearer SC Veteran

Very impressive first shots - the colours are great. That camera tempts me I must admit. I like its brick-like shape. It means you can easily stand it on it's side and take a slow shutter shot which can prove very handy at times - I hate lugging my tripod round. If I was to buy it I would choose that lens too, seems a great match to me. Must resist though - at least until it drops in price a touch. Keep 'em coming!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Nice!! I'm interested in knowing your thoughts as it compares to the K-5. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    those baguettes look so real I want to eat my monitor.

• Like Like x 1
  12. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    Great images, thanks for sharing! Glad to hear that you are enjoying the new cam!

I am liking my K-01 quite a bit also... I picked up the 15mm limited lens to go with it, which I think is just awesome. I went back to a couple spots I know, small landscapes, and did the shots again with the K-01. My jaw just dropped when I saw the output on my home monitor. I am really pleased with the colors and contrast... really rich files. I will try to share some of my images after I figure out this Lightroom/Nik glitch I am having.

The access door *is* the flap... it is all one rubber door. I don't mind it, but it is tough to get it perfectly flush after closing... it doesn't seem like it is going anywhere, just not perfectly flush, neat and trim.

• Like Like x 3
  13. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    gratuitous sunroof sunburst

I told myself I would not do a sunburst or starburst... just kind of fun to point the camera into the sun, especially on the drive home (sunroof).

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/krugorg/6844192542/" title="sunroof sunburst by krugorg, on Flickr">"640" height="640" alt="sunroof sunburst"></a>

I think it is out of my system now.

• Like Like x 5
  14. christilou

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    We've had a particularly grey day here in the UK and so I'm particularly pleased to see this blue sky and a few rays :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Armanius

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Kyle ... you too?? :)

16. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    Haha, yeah, not sure what happened... one minute I was pointing and laughing, and then the next, I had one in hand.

• Like Like x 1
  17. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    I tried to get some more blue sky for you, Christi!

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/krugorg/6990861641/" title="color tv by krugorg, on Flickr">"1024" height="687" alt="color tv"></a>

• Like Like x 3
  18. BruPri

BruPri SC Top Veteran

May 11, 2011
    Seattle, Washington USA
    Bruce J. Pritchard
    Having a byte are we?

• Like Like x 2
  19. Armanius

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Which color did you get? Yellow?

20. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    Black. It is just a little more stealthy. I actually really liked the black/white version (Stormtrooper chic), but figured it would stand out more than I wanted it to.