More from the Age of the Magic Lantern ...

pdh

Legend
I have already posted some images here https://www.photographerslounge.org/f21/age-steam-18649/ , but here are the rest ...
These are glass magic lantern slides, photographed by me on a light box.
I have no idea how old they are - late Victorian or early Edwardian I suppose; they were "in the family" as long as I can remember.
If you look closely you can see the dyes are starting to reticulate, but they retain their colours, perhaps nearly as brightly as when they were first made & shown.

Jeez, Luke, first you want people to do your post-processing for you, now you're getting us to do your Googling for you ...

Cool. The animal ones remind of the "Redwall" series by Brian Jacques. One of my daughters made me read the first one, then I started reading them on my own, lol.

I just had a quick Google, but don't feel like digging too much. Are these some sort of early "slides"? What is the magic Lantern? Inquiring minds need to know.
Jeez, Luke, first you want people to do your post-processing for you, now you're getting us to do your Googling for you ...
I'm becoming a man of leisure :rolleyes:
:rofl: Almost choked on my morning's toast. This is one of the funniest rebuttals I have heard in a long time. Luke, me and you mate, need to go drinking!

Back