1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

More Plymouth shots, with some relevance to Independance day

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by grebeman, Jul 4, 2011.

1. grebeman

grebeman Old Codgers Group

Jul 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    It seems that July 4th is important to some of our American Friends. These shots form Plymouth might be of interest to some of you.

Two shots of Mayflower Steps on Plymouth Barbican. This pier was not actually built until 1791/2 so the Mayflower actually set sail from close to this spot, if not actually here.
    I'm sorry that the American flag is wrapped around the pole, you'd have though that today of all days someone would have sorted that out.

The Island House. When the Mayflower and the Speedwell put in for repairs many of the ships company were put up in this house.

A board on the end lists those who sailed on in the Mayflower and departed Plymouth on 6th September, 1620, the Speedwell having been abandoned.

All shots taken with a Panasonic G1 and 14-45mm, f/3.5-5.6 zoom

Barrie

• Like Like x 2
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Barrie, all of US here in the Colony thank you for your photos and post...

• Like Like x 1
  3. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Yes, here here! You're very thoughtful, Barrie - and gracious, considering we split off from you all way back when. We remain "cousins"!:drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  4. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    I was wondering where to add my own 4th of July photos. Perhaps it's OK if I slip in a few right here since our roots are pretty close. Both were taken on a street right around the corner from my house....while walking my dog.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/otra/5897495796/" title="7-11-23-Edit-Edit.jpg by BBW: BB Wylie Walden, on Flickr">"1024" height="680" alt="7-11-23-Edit-Edit.jpg"></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/otra/5901167853/" title="7-11-26-Edit.jpg by BBW: BB Wylie Walden, on Flickr">"1024" height="680" alt="7-11-26-Edit.jpg"></a>

• Like Like x 1