1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

More Scenic Photos - Fuji X100

Discussion in 'Fuji X100 Forum' started by Glyn, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Glyn

Glyn SC Regular

Jul 14, 2012
    My recent purchase of a X100 has given me a new lease of photographic life!
    Love this camera, enjoy using it.

Attached are a few recent efforts taken in a nearby rural village.

Glyn

397_Wirral_UKVictorian_Cottages.

392_Wirral_UK_Victorian_Cottages.

389_Wirral_UK_Pub.

383_Wirral_UK_Village.

380_ThorntonH_Enh_resized.

• Like Like x 11
  2. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Lovely images there! The X100 certainly has a certain something about it that makes the images special.

3. Glyn

Glyn SC Regular

Jul 14, 2012
    Thanks Andy & Ghosthunter,
    As an aging amateur photographer, I guess I was getting a little jaded. I love photography but was starting to get lazy, thinking 'been there, done that'. Then I read about the X100, saw the photos people on this forum were taking with it, result - enthusiasm rekindled!

Glyn

• Like Like x 1
  4. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Nicely done, Glyn. The X100 certainly gets close to "photography as I remember it". The quality of shots are great, and I just love those old cottages!

• Like Like x 1
  5. thekeddi

thekeddi SC Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    South Australia
    Yep, I agree with everyone! It is the kind of camera that is like what you USED to have and remember with fondness. I have recently purchased another one after stupidly selling mine and it's just like being in a different world :)

6. Glyn

Glyn SC Regular

Jul 14, 2012
    Good for you, thekeddi. I agree, there is more than element of retro about the X100. However, it's also a fantastic camera in its own right. Before buying, I looked at the many rave reviews by professionals & amateurs. I looked at fantastic shots even at F2 and/or 1600+ iso. I knew I had to have this camera. My first series of test photos were a mess, mainly focussing & exposure issues. My fault! I should have read the instructions & users advice first. Now focussing & exposure is no longer a problem. I've only had the X100 for about 3 weeks so still on a learning curve, reading up on experienced users tips etc (thanks guys, male & female :) ). But this camera has so much to give, the learning curve is fun.
    Glyn

PS. Because it was a recent purchase, many of the annoying early hardware problems had been corrected.

7. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Stephen
    Great composition. Love the textures in the photographs.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Iansky

Iansky SC Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Cotswolds, UK
    Nice set of images Glyn, I feel exactly the same way about my X100 and it is an easy to carry dream to use camera.

The images look very much like houses in Cheshire where I used to live, where are they?

Thanks for sharing,
    Ian

• Like Like x 1
  9. Glyn

Glyn SC Regular

Jul 14, 2012
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks Ian & Pelao. Photos were taken at Thornton Hough, The Wirral.

10. Iansky

Iansky SC Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Cotswolds, UK
    Cheers Glyn,

I lived in Chester for many years and remember the superb old B&W buildings in surrounding areas.

11. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Good for you for enjoying your camera, Glyn. Often people get tired of their cameras and go on the search for a new one. I still love my X100, too.

I'm looking forward to using my own for many more scenic shots than I have in a long time. That's a lovely village!

12. Glyn

Glyn SC Regular

Jul 14, 2012
    Thanks to all who have looked through my photos & a special thanks to those who posted responses. I've taken many hundreds of of photos ranging from 2.25 in square & 35 mm film to digital but haven't previously submitted any for internet posting etc. Acquiring an X100 & simultaneously coming across the SC forums where many varied, excellent photos were posted, I decided to 'have a go'.

Glyn

• Like Like x 2
  13. Penfan2010

Penfan2010 SC Top Veteran

Jul 21, 2012
    NJ, USA
    Ed
    Glyn - I really like the entranceway to the pub the best ---I find the contrast between the vibrant colors of the flower baskets and the brick on the road and stone in the entranceway to be very pleasing.