Morning everybody, what are you up to?

Herman

The Image Stimulator
Name
Herman
My wife has a day off from work, so we will drive to Germany for shopping.
After that I will have to think about content for a mobile website o'mine.

Yesterday I have watched a Sony presentation which was broadcasted live from IFA Berlin.
I like the X10, great little camera, Fujifilm has done a great job.
Pan has announced a 3D camera, thanks Pan!
Nikon: we have waited long, too long, for their mirrorless camera, which might be announced at September 21.
Canon: ?
Rich: has taken over Pentax camera division, ?
Sony: electronics company, might beat Canon soon, I think Sony does the job very good.
Olympus: pro mft camera maybe.
Sigma: ?
Minox, Rollei: ?

This weekend weather will improve, if so I will take a seat on a terrace and have a drink, cheers.

For me, it was hang around the house waiting for the courier to bring me my new 4G RAM stick... only they aren't coming until tomorrow (unforeseen circumstantial delay). Sometime. I think if I want to photograph anything I had better be out before sparrowfart and back before 7am. Might be fun to see what kind of sunrise I can get from the X100.

I went to Malaga airport this morning on the train to see my youngest daughter off to Gatwick, UK. I'm here for another 10 days or so then it's back to the greyness of England for me! Needless to say, the weather here is glorious and many pictures have been taken over the last month. My ipad is proving very useful for reviewing and deleting the rubbish :)

Figuring out how to submit my "travel insurance" forms for our halved vacation...returning phone calls, the ubiquitous paperwork...walking with my dog and hopefully a swim in a friend's pool, if I'm lucky.

Enjoy your days and evenings everyone and try not to spend too much time looking at those new camera offerings!

Christina, I am very much looking forward to your photos! Are you using the iPad for any post processing? You know there is a way to upload...;) But maybe it's the Internet connection that is holding you back?

BB, I had internet connection on my iPad for about a day as my daughter managed to create a network for our three computers using a windows machine but she wasn't quite sure how she managed it! We are using a pre-paid "dongle" for internet but it drops out all the time and is excrutiatingly slow to show photos :( but better than nothing. I have amused myself by using snapseed to process some of my pics.

Well, I've had not a few MINIs and Christina has a MINI, too. I love them! Which one are you considering? I currently have and plan on holding on to a non S Cooper, which I was able to get "certified used" with a better than new warranty. They are so much fun to drive.:D

P.S. MINIs go very nicely with that X1 and your husband's Leica...and if you fall prey to an X100 or the new upcoming X10...:tongue:

I have a friend who is 6' 8" and drives one. He had one of the first new MINIs and now he has a Clubman. Jason, you'd be amazed at how much legroom and headroom they have. This fellow's wife is 6 feet tall, as well and they have a little girl of about 3 years of age.;)

Thanks for your replies. I'm 183 cm tall, my wife is 160 cm tall, we have owned a Mini, it's a great car to drive, it's real fun.
By the way it's fun to drive turbo charged cars too, so is the Citroen BX.
I'm back home again, haven't thought so far about content for my mobile websites...
Tomorrow we have another day...
Just relaxing and enjoying good life for now...

We had a Mini S for 5 years and traded it in on a Lexus CT200H in May. I still favor the old Mini's and the old Fiat 500's to the new ones.

What am I up to? Work. Well that and wishing my new to me Leica D-Lux 4 was arriving tonight instead of tomorrow. (ordered yesterday from BH and doesn't it figure, 2 showed up on SteveHuffPhoto.com this morning. Oh well)

Back