1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Most Suitable Canon EF Adapter & Flash for Sony A7

Discussion in 'Sony E-Mount (incl. NEX, A7, A7R, A3000) Forum' started by khukri, Jun 30, 2014.

1. khukri

khukri New to SC

Hello folks!

Enroute to moving from Canon 5D MkII to Sony A7. Never used a Sony camera ever before, so need advice/help please!

1. Flash: Looking for a very compact light weight flash to use with the A7, primarily as fill light for close up/macro work outdoors. (Something like the Canon EX90.) Will the Sony HVL-F7S Shoe Mount Flash be suitable with maybe a hot shoe adapter? (Subject ofcourse to availability of such an adapter!) Or maybe there is a third party flash light?

2. Lens Adapter - Canon EF to A7: Which will prove the best option - Metabones, or TechArt or R.J.'s ? I plan to use: Canon 300mm f4 IS (pre 2006), Canon 70-200 f4 IS, Canon EF 20-35mm f3.5, Canon 28mm f2.8 IS, Sigma 150mm f2.8 macro OS. For info: Metabones says pre 2006 lenses may not work, due to different electronics.; TechArt & RJ's say no problem, they'all work but with slow AF; King seller says only the 300mm f4 IS & Canon 70-200 f4 IS will work properly.

Which will be the best adapter for these lenses? Can I have inputs from those of you who have actual hands-on experience please? I also have in mind to buy a Canon FD and a Pentax K mount adapter.

Thank you very much! All the best!