Mostly Grounded.

I've been very remiss in activity on the forum, lots happening here, and am financially challenged at the moment with Tom having had an incident the other night which has damaged him (vet today) and my car breaking down in hot weather (but its not the cooling system... cause as yet not confirmed but we think its something called a crank angle sensor and its expensive to get fixed)... *and* I have been a bit crotchety with people... going stir crazy, not being able to be out much at all, only for medical appointments and going to the local supermarket.

I'd planned for the car fix in the next couple of weeks, but with Tom being injured, thats going on hold. Looks like the grounding is going to be until Mid February, at least. Thank goodness I can still do short trips without breakdown (touch wood) and leaving it sit for half an hour lets me go again.

Curses!!

Sorry to hear your tough times continue Sue, but keep plodding on and drop in when you can. My car has just come back from the garage. The bill is yet to arrive but it will not be cheap. I've just taken a 60% wage cut to go part time, hopefully to give me enough time to sort out my chaotic life and bring in a little more order and serenity. This is the first week of the new regime and it seems to be working (even though I picked up an extra days work) as I feel so much better, despite having a back tooth out yesterday and whimpering in pain overnight, after tonights (soft) dinner I was able to take a few minutes out to try a quick still life thing with a black shirt as background. Sue, I send you these flowers pal. Chin up x
8394028308_4f1831f7b9_b.jpg
[/url] DSC05545 by heather_t_vet, on Flickr[/IMG]

I hope your luck turns around Sue. Give Tom a good snuggle for me.
Thanks, Luke. Turns out he was bowled by a car and is a *VERY* lucky boy (and has been peeing *somewhere* in the house, I just havent worked out where, yet.... its not in the new litter tray). He's back behind the couch, keeping a low profile (he's been there except for the vet trip, for over 36 hours now)

Hang in there Sue! Maybe a photographic therapy session is in order?
OH YES I need that so badly, but there is just nothing around here.... perhaps a short trip to the pond in the next day or two.

Sue, I send you these flowers pal. Chin up x
Heather, I thank you for your kind words *and* the flowers.

Sue here is a link to a wonderful cat poem by Christopher Smart. He wrote it when he was confined for insanity, but it's a joyous and heartwarming ode to a cat (named Jeffrey). It's odd and amusing, and anyone who has ever lived with a cat will probably find it delightful.

Good luck with your travails.

When there is nothing around to photograph, there is always the kitchen. Go macro and take pics of the cheese grater or the skin of an orange, set up a still life on the table, slice up some purple cabbage, try to shoot water droplets or bubbles. Or boiling water. I often find that the adventures I make myself are more fun even if unsuccessful.

For Tom, NSAIDS and rest, nice things to eat and mostly being ignored. He's a tough old boy

Thanks, guys :) Heather and Steve... Yeah I have been looking around to see what I can do here, but the fact remains that I am going stir crazy, so anything in the house just lacks any impetus for me. With a cooler day or two here, and the yard guy having got rid of my jungle yesterday, I may venture into the yard to see what small life is around out there..

In the meantime Tom has perked up considerably since the visit to the vet, a couple of jabs of antibiotics and anti-inflammatories does that, but his poor little paws... bitumen burns! The vet told me that when cats get bowled by cars, their instinct is to grab at the road with claws. His are shredded, and he has torn pads. Still... he wants out, and that's good, as long as he doesn't get in trouble again. My instinct is to keep him in the house but now he has antibiotics and anti-inflammatories on board, he will have none of it. Has still not been brave enough to use the litter tray. What a wuss!

Back