Mushrooms and trees - an afternoon in the forest

Christian, it's good to see you were able to get out into the woods. The moss looks so soft - and everything is so green, it's hard to believe there's still plenty of winter ahead.

Christian, how is it that you can have such lovely outdoor pictures in winter?! I love your rushing waterfall photograph - the lush colors of the moss and ground cover...with the darkness play off the fast flowing water beautifully. I think you've done a fantastic job of framing in, too.

The first of those arrays of mushrooms is very nice - don't misunderstand me and I don't mean to belittle it, I just really like the cool, deep, softness of your second. To me, in the waterfall shot you've caught the feeling and sound of that little corner of the woods just beautifully.

BB, many thanks for your wonderful feedback! I am surprised, too, that I have been able to take these pictures during the winter. But although January is usually the coldest month of the whole year, it is extremely mild now. Last two weekends were so beautiful, if I did not know it better, I would think it is already spring.

That's wonderful about the warm weather, I think...well, it has to feel wonderful.;) As I looked at these two pictures, that's what I kept thinking - that it was spring over there, somehow!:D

Maybe the last signs of winter...

20110309_160646.jpg

Canon PowerShot G12, 6.1mm @ f/5.6, 1/30, ISO 400

20110309_162109.jpg

Canon PowerShot G12, 6.1mm @ f/5.6, 1/30, ISO 400

Christian - these pictures are beautiful! The color saturation and detail is really wonderful - I feel as though I am there and ready to crack that ice. Spring will be with some of us soon.

Back