1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

My Favorite Leica x2 Photos - Enjoy!

Discussion in 'Leica X1/X2 Forum' started by humanbeing, Aug 2, 2013.

1. humanbeing

humanbeing New to SC

Aug 2, 2013
    Beijing
    Well, these are just a few of my favorites. When the light is right, and the autofocus works properly, this is what's possible.

But due to a lot of great photos ruined by slight blurriness.... I'm thinking to sell my x2 and get a Sony RX1.

These photos haven't been corrected at all using any software. They have, though, been made smaller for uploading here.

L9996416. L9996264. L9996304. masaii woman 1. woman at bar between lusaka and livingstone.

2. ajramirez

ajramirez SC All-Pro

Jul 9, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    Antonio
    These are wonderful! Nice work.

Cheers,

Antonio

3. nippa

nippa SC Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2010
    Cheshire UK
    Dennis
    Nice shots. What's happening in the third image?

When it first came out the X2 produced softer shots than the X1 at Base ISO and ISO3200.
    A firmware fix sorted the problem at ISO 3200 but AFAIK it still exists at Base ISO.

Of all the Leica X series it appears that the old X1 still produces the sharpest images.

4. humanbeing

humanbeing New to SC

Aug 2, 2013
    Beijing
    Forgot, a few more!

epic giraffe photo from tanzania. sunset kids running. guangxi brick factory 1. guangzhou sunset 1.

5. humanbeing

humanbeing New to SC

Aug 2, 2013
    Beijing
    Thanks! But it seems the website really reduces the quality when uploading them!

The third image is a festival last week near Langmusi in Gansu Province in China. Its a Tibetan festival celebrating tribes no longer being at war with eachother.

6. jporos

jporos SC Regular

May 8, 2013
    Mississippi
    These are wonderful photos. I would really like to know more about the blurriness problems you have had with the X2. I just tried one last week and really liked the feel. Thanks again!

7. mguffin

mguffin New to SC

Nov 18, 2012
    Very nice...

8. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    Very nice indeed!

9. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    They're some pretty amazing images.

10. humanbeing

humanbeing New to SC

Aug 2, 2013
    Beijing
    Blurriness

Basically I found that in any kind of low light - even daylight in a shadow , or a rainy day, or maybe 6pm in the summer (when it doesn't get really dark until about 8-9) - any kind of hand shake transfers to the image, even above 1/60th.

11. carlh3

carlh3 SC Rookie

Dec 22, 2013
    Atlanta, GA area
    The low light picture of the two giraffes is outstanding.
    My only Leica experience so far is with two Leica Digilux 2's.
    Not totally Leica, but as close as I have gotten. They still do good work.

12. CM_SK

CM_SK SC Regular

Apr 23, 2013
    Saskatoon, SK, Canada
    When shooting with my X2, I find I need to take control of ISO in any low light situations. The auto ISO is limited by the inability to set a min shutter speed above 1/30 second - too slow for a non-stabilized camera.