1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

My first day with X100s

Discussion in 'Fuji X100 Forum' started by MrDoug, Aug 31, 2014.

• Like Like x 12
    • Like Like x 5
  1. RT Panther

RT Panther SC All-Pro

Dec 25, 2012
    Nice isn't it?
    I still miss my x100 just a wee bit...

2. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Nicely done, Doug. Something about the X100/s that beats all. I love my X100 still.

3. Thanks.. I posted a couple before straightening and wrong size.. Edges got cropped about 10% as well. Still learning how to post pics here...

4. Burkey

Burkey SC Top Veteran

Apr 18, 2011
    Northern New England
    Hey Mr Doug - 'Glad you are enjoying your new X100s. I had an X100 for a while and it just didn't "click" with me for some reason. I have an X100s now and it's the camera I grab the most.
    By the way, nice work. The black and white image of the couple with the gull looking away is wonderful. Nicely seen.
    . . . David

• Like Like x 1
  5. Richard

Richard SC Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Marlow, UK
    A nice set of images. How are you finding the fixed focal length of the X100s for this kind of work?

I imagine you had to get in pretty close for the guy gutting fish, which might not be ideal (!)

-R

6. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Nice work, Doug. I just sold off a bunch of cameras and lenses, and the only Fuji that I currently own is the XF1 (still a great pocketable compact). Perhaps after the Photokina announcements the price of the X100s will drop a bit. I just might pick one up.

7. donlaw

donlaw SC All-Pro

Sep 14, 2012
    Texas
    Don
    I like you first efforts. I have the older X100 and love it. But I will say it took a bit of experimenting to get the focus method down. Also Fuji's great firmware upgrades have kept it close to the same capability as the X100s. I think you will learn to really like it.

8. Thanks all for your replies.. yes, it definitely take some practice.. especially AF.. but so far I like..
    Here is a quick shot of my wife today..

15089971926_4202fb2d14_k. Dawn.. by MrDoug1, on Flickr

• Like Like x 2
  9. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    She looks a bit anxious about being shot :) Tell her from me you did good and she looks great. :)

10. I love the 35mm FOV.. I usually shoot between 24 - 70mm .. If I want to shoot someone at work I generally just ask them.. not many rejections..

11. Thanks Sue.. I will tell her.. however I think the shot is a little fuzzy "out of focus" in the face.. do you?

12. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I didn't think so, Doug, but my eyes are off, maybe someone else has sharper vision.