Fuji My First Impressions of the XPro 1

Wonderful pictures and a very interesting thread, as well. Although I haven't been around as much as usual, I hadn't realized a couple of you had ordered this camera. It certainly sounds and looks to be a real beauty.

Ray, you know you have to go try out that diopter.;) Perhaps your eyesight has changed a bit? Keep us posted!

Bob, congratulations on getting a hold of this superb new system and keep those photos coming! As for the rest of you, I'm a little bit jealous to say the least.;)

These cameras are not perfect and they are those they may not even like them, but I am beyond thrilled, with just a few more lens, this is pretty close to the digital compact I have been looking for.
The IQ is just wow, the size is good for me and just love they way they feel when you shoot. Here are a few from today, back in Carmel for a short R&R, the chip is just so smooth.
Pacific Grove 5sm.jpg
Pacific Grove 4sm.jpg
Pacific Grove 3sm.jpg
Pacific Grove 1sm.jpg
Pacfic Grove 2sm.jpg

Images 2 and 4 have had the least amount of PP, #2 was just converted to b&w, level play and a vignette, #4 just had dark contrast expansion and level play, all are from JPEGS, the images look like they were shot with a full frame chip if not larger

Images 2 and 4 have had the least amount of PP, #2 was just converted to b&w, level play and a vignette, #4 just had dark contrast expansion and level play, all are from JPEGS, the images look like they were shot with a full frame chip if not larger

Yes, this camera does appear capable above it's sensor size. Nice shots by the way: you have the eye to make the most of the camera's abilities.

Really nice work Bob. Both color and B&W. Carmel is beautiful and you're really showing it in all it's glory. Kind of scary how much latitude these jpegs have - not sure I'd ever find a reason to shoot raw. Did a bunch of night shooting last night (haven't had time to process yet) and this camera is really opening up lots of new low light possibilities.

-Ray

Back