My new GRD 1

Discussion in 'Ricoh Forum' started by nikki, Oct 27, 2011.

1. nikki

nikki SC Top Veteran

Sep 12, 2011
    Dublin ,Ireland
    Here is a photo of my new GRD . Yes the blue one with fairies! I took a few shots and what I found was I need is a zoom!!! I felt very far away and to get anything decent I nearly had to be in someones face. I didnt think it was all that sharp - but I upgraded the firmware and it is now much better. Anyway these are the first few shots!:smile:

<a href="" title="RICOH GRD ANNIVERSARY EDITION by NIKKI O BRIEN, on Flickr">[​IMG]"240" height="180" alt="RICOH GRD ANNIVERSARY EDITION"></a><a href="" title="ricoh GRD by NIKKI O BRIEN, on Flickr">[​IMG]"100" height="100" alt="ricoh GRD"></a>[​IMG]"500" height="500" alt="ricoh grd j"></a>[/IMG]

[<a href="" title="raindrops by NIKKI O BRIEN, on Flickr">[​IMG]"100" height="67" alt="raindrops"></a>[​IMG]"333" height="500" alt="BIKE"></a>[/IMG]

<a href="" title="ricoh rose 2 by NIKKI O BRIEN, on Flickr">[​IMG]"77" height="100" alt="ricoh rose 2"></a>
    thanks to BBW helping me with my upload issues!:smile: ok it sort of worked!!!
    <a href="" title="BIKE by NIKKI O BRIEN, on Flickr">[​IMG]"160" height="240" alt="BIKE"></a>
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Will

Will SC All-Pro

Aug 30, 2010
    Not surprising you should miss zooming in if that is what you are used to. It will be interesting to see what happens as you adapt to the purity of a FFL but i already like what you are seeing.
  3. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Nikki, the camera suites you. The images prove that better then words.
    Lili will be excited about this....
  4. nikki

nikki SC Top Veteran

Sep 12, 2011
    Dublin ,Ireland
    I actually had a 28mm pentax on a gf1 but it gave me an angle of nearly 50mm and I think thats the focal length I like , anyway I shall try this for a few months, maybe it will grow on me!:smile:
  5. avidone

avidone SC Regular

Oct 12, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    Nikki the images look great... yeah, it does take some getting used to that WIDE angle and the closeness needed, but the GR-D1 then gives such satisfying images when you give it the chance. Enjoy! I am loving mine.