1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

My "new" Takumar 200/5.6

Discussion in 'Open Gear Talk' started by Yeats, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    A couple weeks ago I treated myself to a Tak 200/5.6, a small, slow jewel from Pentax's halcyon days. The 88 clams I shelled out was about twice what an average copy of this lens would command, but I felt I deserved a minty copy, so that's what I did.

I'm very happy with the lens, it works well with my K-01 thanks to focus-peaking and, especially, a Swi-View LCD viewer.

I'll let the pics speak for themselves. The only editing done was slight exposure adjustment and crop, otherwise I used ACR defaults.

Fawn eating a pear in my backyard. I didn't have an m42 adapter handy, so I held the lens up against my K-01. Awkward. f/8
    [​IMG]

From a swamp along the Musconetcong River. f/5.6
    [​IMG]

Mimosas are not native to my neck of the woods, so it's interesting I encountered this one. The little hummer taking a sip was a bonus! f/8
    [​IMG]

Another shot from the swamp. f/5.6
    [​IMG]

Would love an ID on these trees. f/8
    [​IMG]

2. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    I am glad you're back because I had not seen photos taken by you yet. Beautiful!

3. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    beautiful shots. trees that grow with trunks in groups of 3 and have peeling white bark are usually birch but I'm no arborist.

4. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    looks like silver birch (or similar) to me

5. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    Thanks! The lens really renders beautifully, imo.

Thanks for the info, guys! :smile:

6. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    Very interesting OOF rendering and lovely colours. Being f/5.6, I imagine that it is quite compact?

7. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    Yes, 4 3/4" long by 2" wide. Even wide open it's fairly sharp, although there is a bit of ghosting.

8. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    Quick snap of the Tak + K-01 + LCD Viewer.

[​IMG]

9. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. SC All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    I've got a Zuiko f4 I use with the E-M5 and like quite a bit.

Very nice shots. Before I read the text, I thought Bambi was chewing on a tennis ball.

10. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    that is wonderfully crazy looking shooting apparatus. And the strap works great with the bumblebee

11. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    IIRC, somebody of MFlenses compared the Zuiko with the Tak, and the Zuiko was a smidge sharper. I very much enjoy the tonality of the older lenses, as well as the premium build quality. It's easily the sharpest tele I've used.

I get a kick out of the modernistic body with the 50 year old lens hanging off of it... :whoo: The strap is from Couch Straps.