My 'other' hobby

Steve Noel

In Memorium
My other hobby is wood working, with mostly hand tools. OK, so I won't give up my cordless drills! Decided to do a quick and crude prototype tool box to store, carry my most used tools in. Used some construction grade knotty Pine. With counter-sunk screws. The next version will be all dovetailed, glued and better grade wood. At present there are over 30 pieces in there, with a few more to come.

"A place for everything, and everything in it's place."
My Tool Boox.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Love it. I think this level of organisation is a bit of a bloke thing; I get great pleasure from keeping my kit in order.

My wife just gave me a TIG Mod 3 for my birthday. This is now my "mobile office" and I am enjoying trying out different configurations to see what really works. "A place for everything and everything in it's place" is one of my mantras and whether working, carrying cameras or travelling I like to stay organised.

I really appreciate what you are doing here, Steve - I can't wait to see the finished product!

I have dabbled in woodworking, woodburning, oil painting, and other crafty endeavors pretty much all my life. My downfall has always been organization; my office, my garage, and my workshop are all severely cluttered. I have loads of tools and supplies, and have never come up with a good way of keeping everything neat but ready. Even when I take the time to clean and organize a room, it doesn't stay that way. If I could come up with a good strategy for that, I'd be ecstatic.

Love it. I think this level of organisation is a bit of a bloke thing; I get great pleasure from keeping my kit in order.

My wife just gave me a TIG Mod 3 for my birthday. This is now my "mobile office" and I am enjoying trying out different configurations to see what really works. "A place for everything and everything in it's place" is one of my mantras and whether working, carrying cameras or travelling I like to stay organised.

I really appreciate what you are doing here, Steve - I can't wait to see the finished product!

Next tool box will have to wait for life to get back to normal living. Next few months involve hip replacement for the wife, Vacation back to KY, and major move to New Mexico. This one has to get me through that time and all the adventures.
Thanks for all the comments and encouragement.
Steve, I thought you might appreciate this compass plane that belonged to my father. He was a coach builder by trade and could do absolutely anything with wood, or metal.
View attachment 124370
Love old tools. The #4 Stanley Bailey tucked in the corner, standing on it's nose is over 130 years old, and is one of my daily users.
Outside of the box. Has no finish on it, nor final wood work.

P3060016.JPG
P3060017.JPG

Back