1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

My Pens, together at last!!

Discussion in 'Micro Four Thirds Forum' started by Ghosthunter, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Finally got hold of my E-P1 today which was a bargain ebay purchase before i bought the E-PL2. Not sure if I'm going to keep both though. Obviously the E-PL2 is staying so the E-P1 may be sold BUT it does look SOOOOO sexy! Anyhoo here they are together fitted with manual focus lenses. Ooooh by the way i fitted the 14-42mm f/3.5-4.5 II lens from the E-PL2 to the E-P1 and it works perfectly and produces very sharp images!:smile:

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/5392500483/" title="My Pens E-PL2 and E-P1 by andywest1, on Flickr">"1024" height="683" alt="My Pens E-PL2 and E-P1" /></a>

• Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    A pair of beauties - the older more seasoned with the supposed ingenue.:wink:

Why not hang on to the E-P1, you might want two bodies for all those lenses you're amassing?

3. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    I may well do that! I have decided that i really like retro looks and i know the Pens have excellent sensors so right now I'm as happy as an investment banker on bonus pay out day!!!!!!:biggrin: I'm now going to get rangefinder lenses to match the size of the cameras! Voigtlander and Carl Zeiss Biogon here we come! :dance4:

• Like Like x 1
  4. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    The E-P1 is a future classic collectible and the IBIS is great for legacy lenses.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    Andy,

What do you think of the grip on the E-PL2 vs the E-P1 in terms of function(I know , I know, the E-P1 is sexy.)

6. TraamisVOS

TraamisVOS SC Hall of Famer

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    Why can't you keep it as a backup cam?

7. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Both grips are great. Grips have never been an issue for me. It's image quality that's most important for me!

I have a Canon EOS 500D as my main camera so the E-PL2 is a back up but i love the E-P1 so much i am not going to sell it, I'm going to keep all my cameras. I updated the firmware on the E-P1 and the AF is super quick now so I'm very very happy!:yahoo:

8. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    Any chance you could do side-by-side shots with the EP1 and EPL2 -- same lens/same subject? I've got an EP1 and am wondering if the EPL2 should be my next upgrade, or if I should wait for the next body beyond that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Great suggestion re the shoot out.:popcorm2:

10. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    I will do it when i get a bit of time but to be honest they are about the same size. The E-PL2 is just a bit more advanced and has a better screen plus more options. Now the E-P1 AF speed has been sorted in the Firmware update (1.4) there's not in it. I bought the E-P1 from ebay at a great price and was going to use that as well as the NEX-5 that i had but the NEX wasn't doing it for me and the E-PL2 looked SO nice i thought I'd give it a go and i love it. Trouble is now that i have the E-P1 i love that too!! Hey Ho :biggrin: Don't forget the image quality is going to be more or less the same. ISO is better on the E-PL2 but so far the E-P1 has impressed me hugely.

11. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    Sorry. I meant using both cams take a picture of the same object. An IQ comparison.

12. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Ahhh! OK. I expect they will be about the same as they both have the same sensor and similar software but I'll have a go! :biggrin:

13. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    I have done a quick comparison for you and there's not much in it really. I think the E-PL2 is slightly better and has taken it at a quicker shutter speed and lower ISO but that just could be down to the weather as it's cloudy with sun poking through.

https://www.photographerslounge.org/f2/image-comparrison-e-p1-e-pl2-1135/#post10819