Namaste guys & gals!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Bobbyji, May 4, 2014.

1. Bobbyji

Bobbyji New to SC

May 4, 2014
    A big howdy-do to you all!
    I inadvertently bumped into this forum while researching an upcoming purchase, and whilst conversing with Ray Sachs, vis a via dpreview forums. I've hung-out there, lurking mostly, since I purchased my first 'serious compact' which was the original NEX 5 around 4 years ago I recon.

I've had the privelage of living in India from that time too, whilst making a good many trips into various other countries of SE Asia, so photographically speaking anyway, I lead a rich life!

I'm afraid that I won't be of much help regarding contributing to the brain trust around here, as I'm only now just getting more serious about my photo-journalism, and getting more into the 'art' of this medium.

So, I'll be here lurking as usual, but I would like to Thank You All in advance for all that I will be gleaning from these pages.

Bobbyji (Robert)
    • Like Like x 3
  2. SnapDawg

SnapDawg Rorschach Test Pilot

Apr 18, 2014
    Canary Islands
    Namaste Bobby and welcome!
    I've spent many years in the Himalayas and SE Asia myself but definetely not many enough :wink:
    Looking forward to your images from back 'home'.
  3. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    Yes, namaste and as we say here in Connecticut - welcome! Please consider sharing your photos soon - and if you have a photo hosting site such as Flickr, etc., it would be great if you'd add a link in your signature line. Can't wait to see your pictures, Bobby!
  4. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Namaste! It was almost six years ago but visiting India was a wonderful but sadly only brief experience for me. I'd love to go back someday.
  5. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Hi again Bobby. Glad you found this place - much more civilized than DPR and much more tolerance/respect for various different cameras and systems.

So, WELCOME, and I'll see you around here...

6. Bobbyji

Bobbyji New to SC

May 4, 2014
    Gosh, a whole slew of responses; I'm over-whelmed! Thank YOU all!

First off, you are all welcome to come and visit my wife and I anytime, and I really mean that.
    We have been living in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, for the last year but 'may' make a move to Dehrdun if a business proposition opens up for us. At any rate Shimla is in the Himalayan Range, and it's also a good place to jump to the North, like Leh in Ladach, or maybe to the Northern 'tier' Cities of Amritsar, Varanasi, & Calcutta. So very much to see, comprehend (or attempt to), and photograph...
    Ray, I guess that I'd make a good detective, or maybe just a thorough researcher!? You hadn't mentioned this site (SC) but I kept tracking down leads through the search engine about the RX1 until I found the plethora of photographs, information, and really nice people here! Ya, and what a fresh breath from the pettiness on DPR, which must be what Soap Operas on TV are like!? :rolleyes:
    OK gang, see ya around, and thanks again for the warm welcome.
    Robert aka Bob, Rob, Bobbyji
    ('Ji' means Sir here, and is said out of courtesy and respect. 'Bobby' was a fantastically successful Bollywood movie of the early 70's, at a time I also lived here for a few years, and I was Always Bobby back then! However I went back to Rob/Robert this time around due to that experience, as they couldn't really get the phonetic nuances correct, so my name usually came out sounding like Booby. I didn't want to go through that again... :cool:)
    • Like Like x 2
  7. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    Welcome Bobby/Rob/Robert/Bob!
    Looks like you are having an exciting life.
    I am looking forward to seeing your photos.
    In the meantime: enjoy your time here!
  8. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello and welcome - would love to see some photos from your part of the world.
  9. Glad you "Bumped" into us.
  10. Bobbyji

Bobbyji New to SC

May 4, 2014
    Thanks again for the welcome folks.
    Regarding the requests to see some pics; I'm sorting out my catalogs now (= no fun), and at the same time applying some PP tricks that I've recently learned for LR4. I'm not the best photographer (or should I just say that I'm not good?), but I do have a few good ones, and I am aspiring to become better as I have decided to do so. So we'll see what turns up here in the days ahead.
    Shalom from Shimla,