Went for lunch yesterday - wish my wife had taken an extra battery for the S95
Big "flea" and Antiques market in Bordeaux until 11 May

A couple of shots

1). Naughty
2). The reaction from across the way

naughty.jpg

reaction.jpg

Did you pick up any treasures, Bill? Or did Mrs. Bill? :D

We were with friends - both wives strolled "off" - but being "French", lunch was more important as we were going to L'Entrecote in Bordeaux - one of the best meals in town, but not in anyway expensive

Restaurants L'Entrecôte - Formule unique avec viande de boeuf grillée à Toulouse - Bordeaux - Nantes - Montpellier - Lyon

She wants to go back next week

Twice a year - Spring and Autumn

old Utube clip

with a bit of French music ….. judge for your self

load of old junk if you ask me!!!

We were with friends - both wives strolled "off" - but being "French", lunch was more important as we were going to L'Entrecote in Bordeaux - one of the best meals in town, but not in anyway expensive

Bill, tell us about that special sauce.

Bill, tell us about that special sauce.

Dean - not good for the heart - not sure what's in it, but it has mustard and lots of butter plus their recipe - the meat is wonderful and the chips, (pommes frites) are fantastic

You cannot reserve a table - you have to queue - queue start well before 12 noon - by 12:15 you are in - maybe 100 to 200 covers, (places) - second queue starts

It is a fixed menu - you sit down and the only question they ask you is - "how do you want it cooking" - (answer: rare, medium or well done - well in French they have 4 difference ways - "quell cuisson") - and do you want any wine, (only one red wine, theirs), plus badoit (water) is permitted
Then it's a green salad with walnuts
Thinly sliced filet and chips
bottle of red wine
Chocolate Mousse - if you want one

French bread to "dip up" the sauce - but I don't do that - most ungentlemanly, (I'm English for God sake!!!), - leave it to my wife

If you are in Bordeaux - it is easy to find and an experience not to miss

Back