1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Need help to remember....

Discussion in 'Film Camera Forum' started by kyteflyer, Jul 21, 2012.

1. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    This question is directed at film rangerfinder and rangefinder-esque camera nuts who have extensive knowledge or memory of cameras produced during the 60s and early 70s.

I had a rangefinderesque film camera which had a fixed lens and focal length, and a control ring for either shutter speed or aperture (or both) on the lens. It was completely silver in colour, no black at all (that I remember). It was manual focus IIRC, and had a viewfinder at the side (and I think, unlike modern cameras, it might have been on the right rather than the left... but... my memory is VERY patchy). I bought it sometime in the early 70s but I think it had probably been on a shelf for a while. I bought it before I bought my Minolta SLR (so pre 1973). I really liked it, but the lure of an SLR was too much. And I have NO idea where it went. I didnt sell it or give it away. It just wasnt there anymore after a while.

I know its not much to go on, but does anyone have a clue about what brand it might have been? I keep thinking it may have been contax or a similar name but... god knows... maybe just a noname brand... Or should I just relegate the memory to the dump and forget about it entirely.