Fuji Need the last nudge before purchase. How happy are you with your X-E1 ??

What is that doohickey attached to the end of the Gordy strap? Is it some sort of quick release? Did you fashion that yourself or is it something you can buy?

I made it myself for a few dollars. It was a cheap leather dog leash I chopped up and some electrical shrink tubing. I have others made from parachute cord, other dog leashes and so forth.

just read this on steve huff's 17mm review for micro 4/3

Sorry if this will make you doubt, nianys :)

Fuji X has a couple of good lenses and their 35 1.4 can be spectacular, in good light and when it focuses correctly. I took the X-E1 with the 35 1.4 to the same event and again the Fuji left me frustrated and I missed so many shots due to the AF missing the focus point. When the Fuji is indoor in lower light or funky light the results are not usually very pleasing as the AF is slow and the AWB is not up there with the best. It throws out funky color casts if you are in some indoor low lighting. I am hoping and have faith that the X100s delivers on speed and accuracy (and I think it will) and improved AWB. I feel the X bodies are more like beta models being tested by those who buy them. No offense to whoever owns them and loves them, and MANY of you do, it is just not working for me as they are much to quirky and for my tastes, there are better options out there right now in my opinion.

I can say the X-E1 and 35 1.4 taken out in good light or sunlight or studio light will reward you with a super nice image that draws you in to it with nice depth and colors. But side by side indoors low light other cameras do much better. I know, I shot them all.

So for me, I would take the E-M5 and 17 1.8 or 25 1.4 over the X-E1 and 35 1.4. I just do not get along with the Fuji X bodies. The images I get from the E-M5 are more to my liking, and the best part is, I do not miss shots due to slow or dodgy AF. I would also choose it over a NEX right now just due to the masterpiece lenses available for the Micro 4/3 system. The 12mm, the 45 1.8, the 75 1.8 and the 25 1.4 from Panasonic.

Again, I just write what I feel from MY experience and I am always 100% honest about my experiences. The OM-D E-M5 can give you back very rich and glassy images

I got my X Pro 1 last Summer with the 35mm lens. I pre-ordered the 18mm and the 60mm from B & H in NY as I knew I'd be going there for my middle daughter's wedding and they were (of course) cheaper. I did consider the wisdom of photographing a wedding on previously untried equipment but there it is. In the event I got some nice pics but an awful lot of mis-focused ones from the 60mm and of course, no diopter in the X Pro 1 I discovered on the day of the wedding! Very disconcerting to be seeing blurry images in the vf!
Anyway, chalked it up to experience. As Wolf has said, get that 35mm or 18mm in good light and the images will be magical, but you could also miss a lot of pictures due to the slow focus. I must mention also, when away I use my iPad to download the images of the day so that I can weed out and cull the rubbish. In the Fuji's the iPad will leave some kind of info on the card that will slow it down big time unless you want to erase all the photos and re format the card. I had this happen to me and it made the shot to shot time slow down big time. Another lesson learned.

just read this on steve huff's 17mm review for micro 4/3

Sorry if this will make you doubt, nianys :)

Fuji X has a couple of good lenses and their 35 1.4 can be spectacular, in good light and when it focuses correctly. I took the X-E1 with the 35 1.4 to the same event and again the Fuji left me frustrated and I missed so many shots due to the AF missing the focus point. When the Fuji is indoor in lower light or funky light the results are not usually very pleasing as the AF is slow and the AWB is not up there with the best. It throws out funky color casts if you are in some indoor low lighting. I am hoping and have faith that the X100s delivers on speed and accuracy (and I think it will) and improved AWB. I feel the X bodies are more like beta models being tested by those who buy them. No offense to whoever owns them and loves them, and MANY of you do, it is just not working for me as they are much to quirky and for my tastes, there are better options out there right now in my opinion.

I can say the X-E1 and 35 1.4 taken out in good light or sunlight or studio light will reward you with a super nice image that draws you in to it with nice depth and colors. But side by side indoors low light other cameras do much better. I know, I shot them all.

So for me, I would take the E-M5 and 17 1.8 or 25 1.4 over the X-E1 and 35 1.4. I just do not get along with the Fuji X bodies. The images I get from the E-M5 are more to my liking, and the best part is, I do not miss shots due to slow or dodgy AF. I would also choose it over a NEX right now just due to the masterpiece lenses available for the Micro 4/3 system. The 12mm, the 45 1.8, the 75 1.8 and the 25 1.4 from Panasonic.

Again, I just write what I feel from MY experience and I am always 100% honest about my experiences. The OM-D E-M5 can give you back very rich and glassy images

FWIW...

Steve Huff is one of the last people I would rely on for a reasonable review. In my view, he is a headline traffic grabber. I prefer reviews from photographers. Still, I am sure others love his reviews and find them valuable.

The m4/3 does not make me doubt ONE bit. I just got a wonderful GX-1 + PL25 +PL45 rig on loan, and as awesome as *performance* is, I'd take APS-C IQ over it ANY TIME of ANY day. That being said, it's absolutely great to be able to capture *action* shots again !! But after 6 months of shooting NEX, IQ on m4/3 seems a little coarse. Of course YMMV ;) And of course I still love everything about the GX-1, looks, feel, build, responsiveness, touchscreen, AF, UI, bla bla bla

Oh by the way, if any of you good people would only sell me their slow poke Fuji 35/1.4 I'd be really happy to send you my money for it !! ;)

Oh by the way, if any of you good people would only sell me their slow poke Fuji 35/1.4 I'd be really happy to send you my money for it !! ;)

Haha :)

And low light focus isnt the best but the shots it does get right will make you forgive the slow af

And i agree xe1 is better then micro 4/3 though the omd with a good lens is a close call

FWIW...

Steve Huff is one of the last people I would rely on for a reasonable review. In my view, he is a headline traffic grabber. I prefer reviews from photographers. Still, I am sure others love his reviews and find them valuable.

I don't have enough information myself to agree or disagree with him on this particular topic, but I had made an observation once on another site that his reviews are the late night infomercials of camera equipment reviews. Useful if he is selling (oops, reviewing) what you are already wanting to buy. Probably still worth a read just to get another opinion, though.

I don't have enough information myself to agree or disagree with him on this particular topic, but I had made an observation once on another site that his reviews are the late night infomercials of camera equipment reviews. Useful if he is selling (oops, reviewing) what you are already wanting to buy. Probably still worth a read just to get another opinion, though.

LOL. Yep

Back