New camera in hand...

Discussion in 'Open Gear Talk' started by AzPete, Mar 8, 2011.

1. AzPete

AzPete SC Veteran

Dec 24, 2010
    So I just bought an almost new and in super mint condition a Voigtland Bessa L with the 15mm f4.5 lens and viewfinder. This little beauty is a keeper and I'm going to have some fun using it...here's a peak at some photos I took this morning.

I will say that I took it to a cheap place for processing and scanning and I paid the price. The last photo of the firehouse was full of spots and marks...I had to work of it for over 30min to get ride of the marks...havent done that in a while. comments welcome...
    Cheers, Pete

abandon_and_resized.JPG

glendale_2_resized.JPG

glendale_1_resized.JPG

glendale_fire_1.JPG

• Like Like x 7
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Wow, Pete! :bravo-009:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    I'm not terribly concerned with WHAT you're using Pete, but the turn your photography has taken with the architectural shots you've been doing lately is WONDERFUL. You have an incredible eye for this stuff, whether you're shooting with a cell phone or a Nikon full frame or a cool Voightlander film camera. Just great shooting.

-Ray

• Like Like x 2
  4. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    I agree 100%, Ray. I am very happy that Pete is back in the photographic "saddle" again and sharing his view of the world here.:yahoo:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    The percieved holy grail of architectural photography is often touted as the ability to remove perspective distortion through the use of super-expensive tilt-shift lenses, but I find that architectural shots that creatively use perspective and converging lines to be far more striking.

Nice work!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    Sorry, but assuming everyone is seeing the same thing I am I don't know why my last post turned out to be so wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddddddddddddddeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Pete.... great camera, great eye.... your on it.... as always... Bro' don

• Like Like x 1
  8. Janis

Janis SC Regular

Nov 22, 2010
    Central Texas
    These are amazing!

• Like Like x 1
  9. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Great shots - any chance of a shot of the camera + lens. Had a Bessa I some time ago myself but never shot with it.

10. deirdre

deirdre SC Top Veteran

Sep 26, 2010
    I really love the 15mm lens.

11. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Well done Pete! My favs are shot #1 and Shot #4. Which film did you use?

12. AzPete

AzPete SC Veteran

Dec 24, 2010
    thanks all

Thanks everyone for your nice response. I used Ilford 400 and some fuji color print film 400 asa. Here's a shot of the camera...a beauty. sorry for the crapy pic....cell phone job. It's funny now when I think of it, I bought the 400 film thinking I could have a smaller f stop as the lens is an f4.5 but with the sunny day I had yesterday its was way more than I needed. Should have tried a slower film.... need to change my thinking abit... still happy with it. thanks again.

voig_bessa_L_resized1.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  13. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Sweeeeeet camera..... I'm blushing Pete... I'm a blushing and it's a darn pretty sight it is.
    Don

• Like Like x 1