New cameras from Rolleiflex

Discussion in 'News and Rumors' started by Boid, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Boid

Boid SC All-Pro

Dec 15, 2011
    Bangalore, India
  2. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    Didn't know they were still manufacturing them, cool. And no they aren't very compact, they are more like bricks.
  3. lenshoarder

lenshoarder SC Veteran

Mar 7, 2012
    Wow. I too am surprised they are still around. Generally when companies license their name to novelty items, that generally means they are pretty much just a carcass. Like what Vivitar has done. There was a time when Vivitar was a good name.

Since Rollei came out with this, I thought they had gone the way of Vivitar.

Rollei Rolleiflex MiniDigi AF 5.0 Digital Camera (Red) 24613 B&H
  4. Isoterica

Dec 6, 2011
    I thought Minox made the mini Rollei's? But yeah I saw that as the end of a camera which was why I thought they closed their doors.
  5. ajramirez

ajramirez SC All-Pro

Jul 9, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    That FX-N sure is gorgeous. Serious gear lust here, but what is the price?

6. Isoterica

Dec 6, 2011
  7. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    hmm, that's all very well, but it appears to have both a viewfinder and potential resolution far exceeding a "full-frame" digital sensor, so who on Earth in their right minds will buy one?
  8. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    If Rollei ever decides to make a digital TLR, I'll consider one. And I don't count those toy Minox ones.
  9. Isoterica

Dec 6, 2011
    The mini was cute but useless really.. a full sized one would be like.. massive compartment for innards, but if they could hook that up with a crank shutter how cool would that be.