1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New Canon S95 Help !!

Discussion in 'Canon Forum' started by cherrywood, Aug 22, 2011.

1. cherrywood

cherrywood SC Regular

Aug 15, 2011
    ohio
    Hello i have a new S95 canon on order and before it arrives would like some info from you S95 pro's.
    Can you turn off the Flash to keep it from popping up in Auto Mode? And if so how do you do it. This little darling will be going to my wife and i want to set it up for her as she will not use the flash and subsequently will not get spoofed by the motorized pop up flash.
    Also ordered the Flipbac rubber Canadian Grip G2 for the S95. Have any one of you fine folk used this grip and if so how do you like it?

Thanks in advance for all replies! Dennis.

2. Spode

Spode SC Regular

Jul 26, 2011
    Singapore
    Yes, you can turn off the flash in auto mode. On the control dial (back of camera) press the flash symbol (lightning bolt) once or twice till you see the negated bolt symbol on your LCD. This will ensure that the flash does not fire.

Don't know about the grip though.

3. cherrywood

cherrywood SC Regular

Aug 15, 2011
    ohio
    thanks Spode, for the info on flash, anyone on the Flipbac grip experience?

4. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    The flash may not fire... but does it stop it from popping up anyway? On the 200something, it would pop up no matter whether it was active or not, and on my fuji, it pops up even though I dont use flash.

5. john1027

john1027 SC Regular

Jul 11, 2010
    Alexandria, VA
    The flash does not pop up when it is off. I have the Richard Franiec grip which just becomes part of the camera once easily installed. Can't comment on the Flipbac, as I have never used one. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1