New Firmware available for X-Pro, X-E1, and 35mm f1.4 lens

Discussion in 'Open Gear Talk' started by Ray Sachs, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Rumors of this have been floating around for a week or two, there were delays, but the new firmware for the X-Pro (2.03), X-E1 (1.04), and 35mm lens (2.02) are available now on the Fuji website. They're in different locations, but you can get to all of them from here:

Download Drivers & Software | Fujifilm Global

The body firmware adds capability for the new 14mm lens and a couple of other smaller things and the lens software speeds up the focussing of the 35mm. From what I can tell, the 35mm is a good bit quicker in low light, but I might just be particularly susceptible to the power of suggestion.. Auto ISO is also available with a high of 6400, which it might have been already but I'd skipped the last update or two, so I'm not sure - its new to me. Also, you don't have to remember all of your settings and re-set them after updating the FW - it leaves them intact. It used to wipe them out and you'd have to go through the menus and set everything up again. So the last two features alone are a nice update for me, whether they're new in this update or just new to me...

-Ray

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Stephen
    Thanks Ray.
    I was reading elsewhere that the shutter mash is available again; it was removed in the last update.
    I'll update tonight.

3. Dave Kai-Piper

Dave Kai-Piper New to SC

Jan 29, 2013
    Ace :)

Updated everything :)

Can not see much difference though ??

4. Wolf

Wolf SC Veteran

Mar 4, 2012
    is it me or is it still the old update that's online ???

5. bobbywise

bobbywise SC Regular

Jun 2, 2012
    Nantes, France
    Robert Wisbey
    Mush focus technique seems to be working with the latest update :biggrin:

6. Wolf

Wolf SC Veteran

Mar 4, 2012
    NM my post, fuji just gave the same name to the update... not xxxx4 thus
    updating atm

7. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Stephen
    Updated without issue.

Mashing works, as others have noted. My 35 is a bit faster. I was happy before, so it's all good to me.