Ricoh New GR Digital rumor

Having used the GRD II and III, I think this next one looks like a winner - as Ray said above it's going to be a knock down drag out fight to see who's left standing between the Coolpix A and the Ricoh. I've opted for the Coolpix A because I can't wait for the Ricoh and I don't know of any vendors around Toronto that would be selling it.

I wonder about pricing though - and, of course, after seeing what the Coolpix A can do at ISO6400 - also what can be done by the Ricoh.

Cheers,
Dave

Does anyone have any idea how the AEl / AF-c button/switch will work, is this something that Pentax has on their cameras.

I assume it either AF single lock as stadard or move it to AFc and then the button part can be programed in menus to some configuration of AE/AF lock.

I have absolutely no need for this camera, but as a former GRD-IV user I am extremely tempted anyway...:) No other pocketable camera beats the ergonomics and functionality of the GRD series in my opinion, I am very much looking forward to this one, definitely want to try one out in the stores.

After seeing the great output of the Nikon A, I'm actually excited about the rumored GR's specs, even though it's a 28mm and a f2.8. From an APS-C sensor's standpoint, to my eyes, the Nikon A's sensor is only bested by the Pentax K5IIS in terms of the excellent balance between noise reduction and detail retention. If Ricoh/Pentax can indeed squeeze a K5IIS sensor in a smaller package than the Nikon A, and provide a faster AF, I'm all for that!! And cheaper than the Nikon A too!

Let's see if this comes true ...

droooooool...

Did you watch the video? LOTS of controls. A nice little effects button (sorry, sometimes I like the toys) including a "crop to 35mm view" option :) It's the simply things in life that make me happy.

A 28 and 35mm APS-C camera in my pocket?? With Ricoh controls? That'd be awesome, but somehow I'm doubting $800, and it would have to be there or lower for me to afford it before it hits the used shelves.

The voice and music on the video sound so faked to me, but that would be one heck of a faked camera model, so I'm guessing this is very real.

Oh man, is all I can say. It almost seems too good to be true- scarcely larger than GRD IV, 1 sec. startup time, .2 sec AF, no AA filter, etc.!!! So now we know what they have been up to all this time. I am really hoping the sensor is up to modern standards (say equivalent to NEX-5N sensor).

Priceless quote from Youtuber:
It would have been better for them to hire a hand model too, showing skin wounds will not help presenting it such as a "clean product"

droooooool...

Did you watch the video? LOTS of controls. A nice little effects button (sorry, sometimes I like the toys) including a "crop to 35mm view" option :) It's the simply things in life that make me happy.

And multiple exposures, 35mm framing etc..

But they have to come off the 1000$

droooooool...

A 28 and 35mm APS-C camera in my pocket?? With Ricoh controls? That'd be awesome, but somehow I'm doubting $800, and it would have to be there or lower for me to afford it before it hits the used shelves.

I do like all the controls! Looks like a GXR. An interchangeable grip would be nicer for me. I don't always want to have a bulky grip.

Back