New GR - Profile question in Lightroom

Discussion in 'Ricoh GR (APS-C) Forum' started by uptime4downtime, Sep 19, 2013.

1. uptime4downtime

uptime4downtime New to SC

Sep 19, 2013
    I am a photog, but I'm new to the GR, and can't figure out the profile in lightroom 5. I understand DNG is naturally supported, but I read the the Richo GR is supported as a profile. But for the life of me, I can't see the profile listed. Is there something I'm missing? Sorry, I'm sure this has been answered about a billion times somewhere, but I have yet to find it. Regards

2. Tom K.

Tom K. SC Regular

Aug 17, 2013
    Connecticut.
    Tom
    Good question.

3. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    Are you talking about a lens profile? Assuming that the GR lens is designed to incorporate software correction in-camera there likely won't be an option to turn the profile on or off in Lightroom or ACR either; it will always be turned on.

4. uptime4downtime

uptime4downtime New to SC

Sep 19, 2013
    Thanks guys. Yes, actually, I was hoping LR5 would have both LENS profiles and COLOUR profiles. I only get Adobe Standard for COLOUR profile, and no LENS profiles, which seems rather odd. I shoot in RAW, so I assume that any automatic lens correction is off.

In regards to LENS profiles, I tried the Nikon A lens profile (similar lens etc) but vignetting correction was too intense. The Sony RX1 lens profile seemed quite decent, with just a little distortion and vignette removal at the edges. The GR is super in the corners

The more I think about it, I believe the GR lens is pretty decently controlled for distortion in any case, so I'm thinking it is not going to be a deal breaker. I can use the Sony RX1 lens profile if I need to, or simply apply vignette removal in batches via synching. It is a very nice little unit. Could have picked up the Nikon A for similar price, but the wide converter won me over

• Like Like x 1