Ricoh New GR Report!

Hi All.. thanks much for all the informative, intelligent, and very informational replies.. however Rico has been put to sleep.. I wrapped him tightly in his cozy box that I received him in, and sent him away in a BIG BROWN truck with UPS.. I'm sure he will be happier with his new owner.. :) I'm sure it's a GREAT camera, however he and I never saw eye to eye.. he had to go.. I will miss him deeply..

You did the thing Mr. Doug. No sense fighting the camera. If you're not getting along, keep looking until you find the tool the works with you. As a bonus to the rest of us, there will shortly be another "refurbished" GR available somewhere at a nice discount.

That's really unfortunate, but Luke is right - if it is not for you, it is not for you. Your hind-brain ("monkey brain") makes the decision long before your fore-brain rationalises it, There is no point in arguing with yourself.

Maybe go back to basics. Forget about brands for a moment, and list on a sheet of paper the top five or ten must-haves in a camera.

I just ordered X100s today.....which I should have ordered in the first place instead of Rico.. I had the x100 a couple of years ago and I should have kept it..
Will I ever be satisfied? :) darn camera habit .. It almost keeps me awake at night..

Back