new GRD3 user - excited about photography again

Discussion in 'Ricoh Forum' started by flipmack, Dec 27, 2011.

1. flipmack

flipmack New to SC

Dec 27, 2011
    Irvine, CA
    I picked up a GRD3 recently and I've slowly transitioned to using it as my primary camera. I still shoot with an Olympus 4/3 dSLR, but it's gathering dust now.

some shots I've taken in the past month or so:

<a href="" title="51 - thirty-five by flipmack, on Flickr">[​IMG]"480" height="640" alt="51 - thirty-five"></a>

<a href="" title="50 - quiet by flipmack, on Flickr">[​IMG]"640" height="480" alt="50 - quiet"></a>

<a href="" title="49 - light by flipmack, on Flickr">[​IMG]"640" height="480" alt="49 - light"></a>​

I worked on a Project52 (one picture a week for the year) and I'm seeing a lot more pictures for next year (2012) since the GRD3 is with me almost all the time...

I'm excited about photography again, but not for technical reasons. I'm excited because I can capture what I want, when I want, and how I want.

Forgot to add that I love the in-camera features of the GRD3. In-camera post processing such as white balance, levels, and cropping are really handy. I'm also digging the configuration - I can configure the buttons and interface just how I like it.
    • Like Like x 4
  2. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Looks like a good start! I love my GRD3 too. Why dont you also join us for the Single in January? I did, with my new GRD when we did a single in, in July last year. Just loved it. Also, BBW will be along shortly to invite you to post in the introductions area (but I'm beating her to it). Welcome, have fun, and love that GRD!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    Hi flipmack, welcome! Those are some strong images already :smile: looking forward to seeing more!
  4. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    I really loved the GRD IV.. but I thought I could use a little zoom for vacation. When I get back I might just get one again. Welcome and good to see you are enthusiastic about shooting now that you have new gear. It's a good pick me up I tell you.
  5. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    I just got my GRD this weekend. It is so fun to carry around, and the controls are great!
  6. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    ...and yet it still hasn't qualified for inclusion on your signature block yet Bill. Is there a 2 week quarantine period? :laugh1:
  7. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    I guess I should use the more generic gear approach, then I could switch whatever, whenever I want :)