1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

New Kodak with 52× zoom

Discussion in 'Other < 1" Sensor Cameras' started by drd1135, Jul 15, 2013.

1. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
  2. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Interesting... but only 460k dots on the rear screen and no EVF...

What was more interesting was the comment in the article that
    Hmmm

3. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Sue, the most recent info has their release delayed until next year. Unless they have a revolutionary sensor (or price point), I don't know what they could possibly offer that Panasonic and Oly don't, but choice is always good. Kodak MFT camera release postponed to next year? | 43 Rumors

I was looking at some superzoom at the local Target store last night. I would really like a GREAT superzoom. I like the form factor and if they could just get a little bit better, I could sell my m43 kit and just keep a quality fixed lens compact and be done with changing lenses, etc.

4. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    This camera is definitely built to a price point, hence the LCD quality. Fuji built a nice superzoom (XS-1) with the x-10 sensor and a mere 26x z0om but it was about $1000 at launch. Now it's $629 new at Amazon with some used ones for $389. It also weighs in at a svelte 32.5 oz.

I'd be curious to see how good that 52x zoom is but the sensor would probably kick out first.

5. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Actually, the new 52x zoom Kodak looks a bit interesting. I could live with the 460k rear screen as long as it's bright enough for outdoor work. And the lens's aperture range doesn't look too bad for that long a focal range. Who knows, this could end up being better than the "real" Kodak superzooms offered over the past few years.

The Fuji XS-1 has always interested me but it is big and heavy for its class. That's why I've generally preferred the HS series. But I still wish Fuji would put out an XS-2 with the X-20's innards.