Kodak New Kodak with 52× zoom

Sue, the most recent info has their release delayed until next year. Unless they have a revolutionary sensor (or price point), I don't know what they could possibly offer that Panasonic and Oly don't, but choice is always good. Kodak MFT camera release postponed to next year? | 43 Rumors

I was looking at some superzoom at the local Target store last night. I would really like a GREAT superzoom. I like the form factor and if they could just get a little bit better, I could sell my m43 kit and just keep a quality fixed lens compact and be done with changing lenses, etc.

This camera is definitely built to a price point, hence the LCD quality. Fuji built a nice superzoom (XS-1) with the x-10 sensor and a mere 26x z0om but it was about $1000 at launch. Now it's $629 new at Amazon with some used ones for $389. It also weighs in at a svelte 32.5 oz.

I'd be curious to see how good that 52x zoom is but the sensor would probably kick out first.

Actually, the new 52x zoom Kodak looks a bit interesting. I could live with the 460k rear screen as long as it's bright enough for outdoor work. And the lens's aperture range doesn't look too bad for that long a focal range. Who knows, this could end up being better than the "real" Kodak superzooms offered over the past few years.

The Fuji XS-1 has always interested me but it is big and heavy for its class. That's why I've generally preferred the HS series. But I still wish Fuji would put out an XS-2 with the X-20's innards.

Back