1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New Lightroom dehaze feature

Discussion in 'Computers' started by theoldsmithy, Jun 19, 2015.

1. theoldsmithy

theoldsmithy SC Top Veteran

Jan 7, 2013
    Herefordshire, England
    Martin Connolly
    I've just updated my LR to the new CC 2015.1 version. The dehaze slider is indeed - as many others have said around the interweb - really very cool. I have replicated cleaning up, that previously took quite some faffing around with levels and plugins, with a slight nudge of the new slider. Colour me impressed!
    However I still think the Creative Cloud application is shockingly bad. I have 2 computers and after I signed out of one and tried to sign back in again, it said I was already signed in on 2 others. How does that work then? The Adobe people can't explain it either.

2. Garylh

Garylh SC Veteran

Sounds like the license server and one of your pc's had an exchange issue. There should have been a protocol acknowledgement hand shake between the two before final logout completed.

The help desk should have been able to force a logout though. Anyway not a cc user, just a guess on my part.

The de-haze feature looks very promising.

Gary

3. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 SC Top Veteran

Feb 6, 2015
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
  4. Tilman Paulin

Tilman Paulin SC Top Veteran

Nov 15, 2011
    Dublin, Ireland
    Stu Maschwitz and his Prolost page/store have been around for a long time (first when he was a visual effects artist and later when he focussed on plugins&presets for photography and digital video).
    So no need to worry about using this, there shouldn't be any risk.

Having said that, I like to keep at least a bit of haze. :) Haze can give an image depth and atmosphere. (yes, sometimes it can be a bit much - but removing too much can look quite artificial too)

5. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 SC Top Veteran

Feb 6, 2015
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    Thanks for that, I am not familiar with that person, so it is good that there is a confirmation of credibility.

6. theoldsmithy

theoldsmithy SC Top Veteran

Jan 7, 2013
    Herefordshire, England
    Martin Connolly
    Yeah, that's my assumption too. Maybe if I'd waited 10 minutes it would have been OK. CC desktop asked me if I wanted to logout all other computers. After I did that everything was OK. So not a huge issue, just annoying at the time.