New Lightroom dehaze feature

theoldsmithy

Hall of Famer
Name
Martin Connolly
I've just updated my LR to the new CC 2015.1 version. The dehaze slider is indeed - as many others have said around the interweb - really very cool. I have replicated cleaning up, that previously took quite some faffing around with levels and plugins, with a slight nudge of the new slider. Colour me impressed!
However I still think the Creative Cloud application is shockingly bad. I have 2 computers and after I signed out of one and tried to sign back in again, it said I was already signed in on 2 others. How does that work then? The Adobe people can't explain it either.

Sounds like the license server and one of your pc's had an exchange issue. There should have been a protocol acknowledgement hand shake between the two before final logout completed.

The help desk should have been able to force a logout though. Anyway not a cc user, just a guess on my part.

The de-haze feature looks very promising.

Gary

Stu Maschwitz and his Prolost page/store have been around for a long time (first when he was a visual effects artist and later when he focussed on plugins&presets for photography and digital video).
So no need to worry about using this, there shouldn't be any risk.

Having said that, I like to keep at least a bit of haze. :) Haze can give an image depth and atmosphere. (yes, sometimes it can be a bit much - but removing too much can look quite artificial too)

Stu Maschwitz and his Prolost page/store have been around for a long time (first when he was a visual effects artist and later when he focussed on plugins&presets for photography and digital video).
So no need to worry about using this, there shouldn't be any risk.

Having said that, I like to keep at least a bit of haze. :) Haze can give an image depth and atmosphere. (yes, sometimes it can be a bit much - but removing too much can look quite artificial too)

Thanks for that, I am not familiar with that person, so it is good that there is a confirmation of credibility.

Sounds like the license server and one of your pc's had an exchange issue. There should have been a protocol acknowledgement hand shake between the two before final logout completed.

The help desk should have been able to force a logout though. Anyway not a cc user, just a guess on my part.

The de-haze feature looks very promising.

Gary
Yeah, that's my assumption too. Maybe if I'd waited 10 minutes it would have been OK. CC desktop asked me if I wanted to logout all other computers. After I did that everything was OK. So not a huge issue, just annoying at the time.

Back