1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

New member, UK

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by NathanJ, Sep 18, 2012.

1. NathanJ

NathanJ SC Regular

Sep 18, 2012
    Hi,

New member here from south coast UK.

I shot with Canon DSLRs mainly (which I still have). Moved into m4/3 a couple of years ago, Olympus E-P1 whose form factor I loved except for one thing - no built in VF, but loved the pictures it took.

So, bought a Fuji X100 back in March, and my DSLRs have not had a look in since.

I tend to shoot anything, and have no particular interest or style. The significant majority of shots include my 3 year old son: yes I find the X100 (just about) adequate for chasing a 3 year old.

I have a newly started blog (postcardsfrom1971) if anyone cares to take a quick look. Promotion of that is not the reason I am here, just looking for another friendly forum to share in.

Hope to find this a constructive and friendly place to hang out.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Prototype

Prototype SC Veteran

Jul 9, 2010
    Illinois
    Brian
    Welcome, Nathan! I checked out your site and I really like "A dip in the ocean." Your son seems to be very cautious with the water, even with his rubber boots on!

3. mta1963

mta1963 SC Rookie

Sep 12, 2012
    Hi there, I am also a newbie and i also own a Canon DSLR and i am also looking for something smaller and easier to carry.

I like your pics, the quality looks great from the X100 - The X100 is on my "shortlist" of cameras to consider,

I like the Canon Gx1 also but sadly the viewfinder lets it down for me.

Reagrds

• Like Like x 1
  4. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Hello Nathan, loved your pics. Your son must have been thrilled with the kite festival :)

5. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Hi Nathan

Where abouts on the south coast do you live? Do you ever get to Park Cameras?

Nice set of images on your Blog!!

6. NathanJ

NathanJ SC Regular

Sep 18, 2012
    Thanks. You'd think, huh. Unfortunately he had a MAJOR grump on that day! Still, daddy enjoyed it...

7. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Hi Nathan, welcome here. You got great series on your blog, kite, venice, jumping kid, etc. Great work.

8. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    Welcome Nathan! Some very nice shots on your blog!
    The friendly atmosphere on SC is the main reason I and most others hang around here, I'm sure you'll enjoy it :smile:

9. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Welcome from another Southerner, Nathan!

We sometimes have London meet-ups - watch out for notices and come along if you can

Sent from another Galaxy

10. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    A belated welcome to you, Nathan - and you, too, mta1963!! I look forward to catching up with your posts and photos as we head into the winter months up here in the northern hemisphere.:wink:

11. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Stephen
    Hello and welcome.

12. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    Welcome to you!