New RAW processor from On1.

Discussion in 'News and Rumors' started by bilzmale, Apr 27, 2016.

1. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Early info at this stage - due in Fall.

Will work standalone or as plugin.

Not crazy happy about the purchase model proposed.

LINK:

2. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    "Pre-order"... Ugh!!! I have expressed an interest.
    I don't see a problem with the purchase model. You can buy as a one-off or subscribe for updates.

It will be interesting to see how this develops... ;)

3. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    $150USD = $200AUD for me to subscribe to Plus Pro does not look like value for the extras (forum, coaching, videos) that are on offer. Adobe CC is cheaper.

I'll probably upgrade particularly as it's claiming RAW support for Sigma foveon files (Sigma's own software is the world's worst imho).

4. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I'm definitely NOT going to sub. I have other options, just can't justify continuing to buy more and more from on1.

5. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    But that's the annual subscription. The one-off purchase price is not quoted but is expected to be cheaper. I'd look to buy, maybe not initially, but wait for the reviews (and initial bug fixes) then upgrade when I want to not when they want me to.

My interest is in how it handles .RAF files for Fuji.

6. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I wonder if upgrades will be available without the license. A RAW converter is the one piece of photo software that needs to be updated for new cameras.

7. Woody112704

Woody112704 SC Top Veteran

Nov 7, 2013
    Iowa
    Jared
    I'm curious to see how it handles the Fuji files as well and as to its comparison to Adobe CC, it comes with everything you get now with their photo package all in one program and also it sounds like there are going to be some more stuff added. If it is as good as LR I will probably be using that instead, especially being able to do everything I want with one program instead of sending the images out to perfect effects.