Fuji New retro Fuji

a df and a fuji baby? i kinda think it looks more like the tiny pentax and a df had a baby, and named it fuji to be hip and cool parents. i kinda like the grip

Obviously inspired by famous ancestors:

FujicaSt605N.jpg

1965NikkormatFT-1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Obviously inspired by famous ancestors:

FujicaSt605N.jpg

1965NikkormatFT-1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Well, that's exactly right. I'm not aure about the proportions of the new Fuji's take on this style. I would have to see it in person. Hey, some people love the rangerfinder form factor an others like the SLR form factor. Fuji is trying to serve them both. Having a choice is good and I like all the dials on top.

Yes, but you don't need an Egyptian pyramid in the middle to house a pentaprism -- there isn't one. And the Panasonics have just enough hump for the viewfinder. It still looks dumb and I thought so on my E-M5 as well but I ignored it. Now I don't have to, lol.

You've hit upon it! The power of the central pyramid over the film made all that chi/lkarma/dumb luck focus on the film and make amazing pictures. Where's my divining rod? . . .

Well, that's exactly right. I'm not aure about the proportions of the new Fuji's take on this style. I would have to see it in person. Hey, some people love the rangerfinder form factor an others like the SLR form factor. Fuji is trying to serve them both. Having a choice is good and I like all the dials on top.

That's at least part of the problem. They take a classic design and stretch it around until is looks wrong.

we need answers

How many IQs has it got?
Can I use it to take instagrams?
Is there a beard filter?
Will it make me a nawsome tog?
can i update the firmware over 4G?
are the pixels sharp in the corners?
i'll preorder it now if DxO says it'll shoot black cats in coal cellars but only if it's got an integrated app for taking pictures of my food at the lunch counter.
does it come with the best lens?
i need to like it on fb now
this camera is, like, awesome
oh i'm really disappointed with this camera.
has anyone got a link to the rumour I just thought i might have heard about that other new camera that doesn't exist yet? I need to compare it with my iPuny

[repeat ad nauseam]

Can't say I care if Olympus put the EVF of the E-M5 in a pentaprism looking hump. It's a damned fine little shooter and the EVF has to go somewhere.

I recall when the E-300 came out, with its poro-prisim and a flat top, because the hump wasn't needed, that Olympus caught flak for it NOT having a useless pentaprism hump, although it was built like a brick, much sturdier than the other lower end E series cameras, and how it looked just didn't enter into the picture for me. It was my main shooter for some time. When I got my E510 the hump reappeared, though admittedly it was fully functional as a pentaprism.

Hasselblads were pretty damned ugly: my 500 CM isn't going to win any beauty contests. But they were highly prized, and with reason. The Mamiya 6 is prettier, and I'd get one if I needed a medium format street shooter, but not because of its looks.

For Fuji to put out its own version of an OM-D right after the EM1 took camera of year all over the place would be a pretty stupid marketing strategy when they are doing so well with their rangefinder style products, which are great. It's not being pretty-pretty would be the least of its worries.

Back