New RX 1R

raconteur

Regular
Hi to all,

New to the forum and the compact camera world. I mainly shot concerts and motor-sports using a D4.

My search for a small camera to carry with me at all times escalated to the point where I purchased a RX1. I quickly realized that, although I wanted something smaller, IQ was a main criteria for the new camera.

Just a few days ago I moved to the RX1 R. The image below is one of the first from the R. The camera is far more versatile than I could have ever imagined. I look forward to learning from those on the forum.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 145
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 156
Wow - I'm with Steve - that second photo is super especially given the light and, no doubt, the movement going on.

raconteur - welcome aboard!:th_salute:

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, that second shot blew me away when I saw in on my computer. The RX1 and now the R continue to amaze.

Concerts can be fun. Spot lights, low lights, color shifts and in this case smoke. I panned with a moto-cross bike this weekend and it's sharp! Crazy stuff.

So tell me/us - raconteur, did you try out the not so old RX1 or just go directly to the 1R?

I've been reading about both and would find it interesting to hear from someone who has used both.

So tell me/us - raconteur, did you try out the not so old RX1 or just go directly to the 1R?

I've been reading about both and would find it interesting to hear from someone who has used both.

I did have a RX1 and loved it! I really can't say what prompted me to make the switch. Like I said I wanted a small camera to carry all of the time and the IQ of the RX 1 blew me away. To my eye it produced the highest quality, most pleasing images I have seen from any camera. Sharp, beautiful color, unbelievable dynamic range, gorgeous!

And I divested myself of the "1" for the "R." I have only used the R for 3 days and so far it equals the "1"

Could the 1 have taken the profile shot above? Not sure, but the "R" did.
FYI that shot had NO sharpening in post. I did tweak a few things in LR 5, a slimmed down version of what my D4 requires.

I would go on but I'm typing on my iPhone.

Thanks for the welcome.

Back