1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New Samsung NX30 and lenses

Discussion in 'Samsung NX Forum' started by stratokaster, Jan 2, 2014.

1. stratokaster

stratokaster SC Top Veteran

Dec 27, 2010
    Kiev, Ukraine
    Pavel
    o8qG8TLGzzv6Nm0OATkP.

NX30 looks good. Essentially it's NX300 with tilting 2.36M dots EVF, external mic input, fully articulated touch-sensitive screen which is supposedly 70% brighter than that of NX20, wireless flash sync and HSS (or FP sync in Olympus parlance).

ZIaGPnpjhRaPUTi5LLzP.

Samsung also announced NX 16-50 f/2.0-2.8 (!!!) lens with OIS and new 'ultra-precise' focusing motor. Which suddenly makes NX series one of the more interesting mirrorless systems on the market...

[​IMG]

fWp2uvEEEOMCP9w6A1NR.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I love that tilting eyepiece as well.

3. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    It's good on the GX7 and I'm sure it'll be great here.

4. pictogramax

pictogramax SC Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Now that's a kit lens! Way to go Samsung!

5. stratokaster

stratokaster SC Top Veteran

Dec 27, 2010
    Kiev, Ukraine
    Pavel
    I just noticed that the new lens is weather-sealed while the new camera is not. I think it's a not-so-subtle hint that we can reasonably expect a weather-proof Samsung NX body in the future.

6. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    yowza, that lens is a dream lens for me! 16/2 on APSC should give some proper shallow DOF despite the wide angle, and weather sealing is great to have on a travel camera. Bring on the weather sealed body!

The lens does look fairly huge though, I wouldn't mind if they lopped off everything from 17mm onwards and just made it a 16/2 prime:wink:but I gotta admit, at that focal length / aperture range, it's a very strong statement about Samsung's intentions!

7. Brian style

Brian style SC Regular

Jan 3, 2014
    I'm glad to see the swivel screen on the body. I gotta admit, the 16-50 f2-2.8 lens is going to open some eyes, especially if it is optically great.

8. MotoJB

MotoJB New to SC

Jan 13, 2014
    Bay Area, California
    I'll be waiting for the first real reviews on that "S" lens...and assuming they are good, it will be on my NX20 soon. Glad I held off on the 12-24mm.