1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

New to me XE-1

Discussion in 'Fuji X Forum' started by sixtygp, Nov 25, 2014.

1. sixtygp

sixtygp SC Rookie

Aug 4, 2013
    Matt
    I recently purchased a used Fuji XE-1 and a 35 f1.4 lens. I was aprehensive spending the amount I did. But after a few test shots, I was suprisd at the IQ. The 35mm lens is outstanding. I cannot bekieve the high ISO output. With the new firmware, the camera handles just fine and is a joy to use. All of these are shot RAW- Just the way I roll...

ISO 2500 f2.8, 1/30 sec a little vignetting added in post
    DSCF0190%2B(Large).

Misc other test shots:

DSCF0113.

DSCF0135.

Matt

• Like Like x 11
  2. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Oh, nice, Matt. I'm glad your apprehension went away :)

3. KillRamsey

KillRamsey SC Hall of Famer

Jun 20, 2012
    Cambridge, MA
    Kyle
    Ahhhh, Campy makes some beautiful hardware. Glad you like the camera. The 35 is an amazing lens, you chose wisely.

4. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    The X-E1 is the best bargain in APS-C bodies. And it's not just a great bargain. It's a great camera. Congrats on your new rig.

5. sixtygp

sixtygp SC Rookie

Aug 4, 2013
    Matt
    Thanks for the compliments. i am finding that this camera has more to offer than first anticipated. Being a person that grew up shooting a Leica IIIG for high school yearbook photos, this reminds me a lot of that camera. I just ordered a 5omm Rokkor macro and adaptor. We'll see how that works out. Should be fun.
    Matt

6. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Matt, I moved to Fuji after 20+ years of using Leica - M and LTM. My first interchangeable lens Fuji was the X-E1. I agree about the similarities.

7. sixtygp

sixtygp SC Rookie

Aug 4, 2013
    Matt
    A little comparison to my Leica IIIG.....

cameras-374.

• Like Like x 2
  8. yehongxiang

yehongxiang SC Regular

Nov 20, 2013
    Welcome to the club! I really like my XE-1 as well, and use it extensively with the 35mm. :)