1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New to RX100, Question about tripods

Discussion in 'Sony RX100 Forum' started by mdyn, Nov 17, 2012.

1. mdyn

mdyn New to SC

Nov 17, 2012
    Hello all,

I've been lurking a bit, trying to glean any additional information I could before pulling the trigger on an RX100. Thank you all for the thoughtful and informative posts.

I just received my camera and haven't even had a chance to play with it much. I plan to this weekend.

My family and I have a trip to Europe planned for December and I thought it would be nice to have a small tripod to bring along. So far, I've come across a couple of pocketable options that intrigue me: the Joby Gorillapod Micro 250 and the Gomite Tiltpod.

Has anyone here had any experience with either or both?

Any other recommendations that I should research?

Thanks in advance,
    Marco

• Like Like x 1
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    welcome Marco. I have no experience with either of those tripods, but I love my X100. There's a wealth of X100 knowledge in the forums if you get stuck.

3. petemasty

petemasty SC Regular

May 24, 2011
    wiltshire, UK
    Have just bought a tiny little tripod from manfrotto. It is so small it fits on the camera and you barely notice it is there. It comes in two sizes. It is purpose made for compacts and helps the camera sit about half and inch off the ground or platform. Sorry, I can't remember the name but you won't have trouble finding it. Only cost £15. A great bit of kit.

4. petemasty

petemasty SC Regular

May 24, 2011
    wiltshire, UK
    Manfrotto mp1 pocket tripod. There. I found it.

5. mdyn

mdyn New to SC

Nov 17, 2012
    Thank you both.

I'll look into the Manfrotto.

6. kenhiraihnl

kenhiraihnl SC Regular

Sep 29, 2012
    My Joby Gorillapod Micro 250...camera and attached tripod still fits in the pocket of my t-shirt.

RX100 tripod.JPG RX100 tripod folded.JPG Carry pouch.

7. niben

niben New to SC

May 7, 2013
    Perfect ultralight "full size" tripod for compacts!

Mayby a bit late but I use the Micro 250 attached for the most but if I want a "full size" tripod I use a zipshot.

tamrac-zipshot.

Its light and perfect for a compact

ZipShot