New to the forum from Southern California

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by ragdoll serenade, Oct 17, 2013.

1. ragdoll serenade

ragdoll serenade New to SC

Oct 17, 2013
    Southern California
    What an interesting forum this is! I have enjoyed reading and looking at the high quality images for a few weeks now.

I live in a shack up in the hills above Santa Barbara and I am an avid road bicyclist for many many years and I also play classical guitar. I'm a self-employed tradesman (house-painter) that tries to keep work in balance with the rest of my life, I've largely succeeded in that.

I have a bit of grounding in old film cameras, so I know the basics of cameras and have had a couple of digital P&Ss since that all started some years ago. I am striving to get better images and shoot a little more, so I have recently purchased a higher quality camera and am trying to educate myself a bit. The camera I have is a Panasonic LF1. I am looking forward to participating in future discussions, thank you.
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Welcome to the forum!! Love the Santa Barbara area. Nice weather! Great shops and restaurants. But it does get crowded.
  3. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    welcome ragdoll. That wee LF1 is a smart looking camera. Do you have some images to share?
  4. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    Welcome to the forum. Please post when you can.

on a side note -- I was just thinking this morning, why do I keep posting at SC? I've got a million things to do in my life. You reminded me -- there are some really interesting people here on this site. Quite an eclectic crowd. Glad you decided to join!
  5. staticantics

staticantics SC Regular

Oct 15, 2013
    Central California
    Can't wait to see some pictures from your neck of the woods! Welcome
  6. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello and welcome.
  7. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    ragdoll, a belated welcome to you and your LF1! I do hope you'll be back here soon and share some of your photographs with us.:thumbup:
  8. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Welcome to serious compacts!