1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

New to the RX-100

Discussion in 'Sony RX100 Forum' started by fishworks, Jul 27, 2013.

1. fishworks

fishworks New to SC

Jul 27, 2013
    G'day,
    Im a new member to this site as i have just really taken up a interest in Photography.After lots of research and speaking to a few people at different camera shops the RX 100 was highly recommended by all.

I have spent some time playing around with the camera but not sure what all the settings etc mean and what they do.
    Im very interested in working out how to do the Picture effects etc. I can manage to take a good photo but not sure how to apply the picture affects as i really like some of them i have seen posted on this site.
    if someone could give me a simple run down on how to do this that would be really great.

Look forward to sharing some of my photos

Thanks

Brad - Melbourne Australia

2. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    Welcome, and enjoy the RX100. A fun little camera!

3. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Hi Brad,
    Welcome to the forum. Only the watercolor and Illustration effects can be applied after the shot (and only if shot in JPEG). There's at least one discussion thread about that procedure on here...I'm sure you'll find it browsing through the RX100 forum. I have my front control ring set to scroll through the complete list of effects. When I see a scene that I think calls for it, I often shoot it with a couple different effects (and without) and then I review them later to see what works best. Feel free to ask more questions, share your opinions and definitely some photos.

4. Prototype

Prototype SC Veteran

Jul 9, 2010
    Illinois
    Brian
    Welcome to the forum, fishworks! I'm looking forward to the photos. The RX100 produces some great watercolor effects that I can't reproduce on my phone or computer.

5. jnewell

jnewell SC Regular

Jun 25, 2011
  6. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
  7. fishworks

fishworks New to SC

Jul 27, 2013
    Managed to get out today to have a play with the new camera i didnt get to take alot of pics as i planned due to the weather

Attached Files:

• p1.
      p1.jpg
      File size:
      54.6 KB
      Views:
    • p2.
      p2.jpg
      File size:
      62.1 KB
      Views: