Fuji New to the XF1 - now X30..gone..now X100T..gone. I’m back

so, after a 2 year break I am about to be back with an x30. I've had an RX100 mk2 for 14 months ( posted here ) but i really don't like using it, its a bit of a tool with no joy. In the UK, the x30 prices have gone crazy with sellers asking up to £550 - needless to say, i paid around 35% of that from Fuji refurb so that i can dip my toe in the water and see what i can get from the camera. If i don't gel with it, it will go - nothing lost ( infact, probably gained )

Anyway, will post my results up soon as I get a chance

so, after a 2 year break I am about to be back with an x30. I've had an RX100 mk2 for 14 months ( posted here ) but i really don't like using it, its a bit of a tool with no joy. In the UK, the x30 prices have gone crazy with sellers asking up to £550 - needless to say, i paid around 35% of that from Fuji refurb so that i can dip my toe in the water and see what i can get from the camera. If i don't gel with it, it will go - nothing lost ( infact, probably gained )

Anyway, will post my results up soon as I get a chance
My X30 goes with me almost everywhere. I really wanted the black, but was unwilling to pay the outlandish prices being demanded, so I got the silver instead. It is a brilliant little camera that I like a lot.

Good news, Tony. Camera has arrived, battery charged....it's gotten dark :(

Tomorrow is another day with 280 miles to drive. Need to find a case, screen protector ...maybe a soft release button. Oh and figure out my ideal settings

Thanks Steve. It's pretty disappointing that the weather is so dull here and I haven't been able to use it. I love the feel of it, it's solid and weighty and I've had a quick read up so made some adjustments in the settings to get it how I want it

All I need now is light..

Thanks Steve. Not sure if the camera will stay, obviously I need to give it more time and have better light - gloomy winter in the uk isn't going to bring the best shots no matter what camera I use.

Would be lovely but

(a) it's too expensive for me
(b) I wouldn't be able to use it as I'd be 6ft under if my wife found out

Am still in 2 minds - It seems to be occupying all my photography searches at the moment. There are as many pros as cons - in an ideal world, I should buy the T whilst having the x30 and then sell my least preferred one

Last edited:
Back