New toy....

Discussion in 'Open Gear Talk' started by Djarum, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    So I finally broke down and picked up a tablet. Office depot was running a special on the Toshiba thrive honeycomb tabs. The 32gb version wasn't too much more than the 16gb version. So far I'm really liking it. Downloaded quick pic from the market since the stock image viewer is lousy. I was able to pop in a thumb drive with pictures and view them easily on the tab. I have no idea what sort of imaging manipulation software is available yet and will investigate that soon. I'm just glad I can review pics while on vacation without having to drag a laptop around.

Its also nice to read the forums at night in bed :)

I'll keep y'all posted.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Penny

Penny SC Veteran

Aug 26, 2010
    Outside Liverpool Uk
    Interesting that it is 30years since the personal computer became available in its various forms for the general public, the guy responsible (sorry can't remember his name) has said in the Independent newspaper Saturday that PC is now being replaced by the Tablet and Smartphones; that the demise of the PC has begun.
  3. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    Enjoy your new toy, Jason! But don't stay up too late reading in bed.:biggrin:
  4. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Jason, here in Philly, there's better things to do in bed.
  5. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL

Don, usually my better half is fast asleep before I am anyways.

The tab can do just about anything I want to do with a laptop or PC and more.