New travel kit

Penfan2010

All-Pro
Name
Ed
I found myself with too many bodies and lenses during vacation trips; even if they were lighter m43s/Fuji Xs, there was still too much to carry around. I think I've finally found a reasonable combo, one for all around day photography, the other for low-light/night and stealth photography (when small, silent cameras are essential). And, yes, the combo comes apart so each part can be used separately. :) In the background is the iPad2 with keyboard + Snapseed for interim PP on the road.

P8660873.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks, Luke, absolutely. The closest in my m43 arsenal would be the E-M5 (since it also has weather sealing) plus the Panny 14-140mm (V1), but that is a decidedly heavier combo, and does not come close with the max aperture of the RX-10.

I would actually consider buying the RX10 myself - if I didn't already own all of my Pentax gear. A K5 or K30 with the 18-135mm WR zoom pretty much gets the same job done for me. Granted, the lens aperture isn't as wide but APS-C sensor somewhat makes up for that. Still, the RX10 is a great piece of kit. Good luck with it!

I think if I were starting with a clean slate, the RX10 would be in there. I'm envious of you downsizing, and hoping to get to that happy place as well.

Thanks, Darren. Still a bit of a ways to go to truly downsize. Have a couple other mu43 bodies and a few lenses to work through!

Back