Fuji New X-Pro body firmware

Yup, I'm shooting with both the NEX-7 and the Xpro, and like it was mentioned in the podcast the reaction of some people are quite strange, I absolutely love the expression of some "opinionated" people when I tell them that I'm using the Xpro / NEX-7, and I get branded a hater/troller, fanboy/girl, etc.......then I tell them I also love shooting with my Xpro / NEX as well, the arguement tends to stop very quickly :laugh1:

Thanks Ray

I just checked and the parallax has indeed been improved, the framelines are so much more accurate, I havent checked the low light AF yet or the M adaptor functions.

Framelines really more accurate? Which lens is this with? Do you mean that what you now get in the shot more accurately reflects what you see within the framelines?

I must give it a try!

Lee

Framelines really more accurate? Which lens is this with? Do you mean that what you now get in the shot more accurately reflects what you see within the framelines?

I must give it a try!

Lee

Yeah, for sure. I shot a little bit with the 18mm last night and the framelines seemed VERY close to the actual framelines. Haven't tried it with the 35mm yet, but I'd bet the same is the case with that. I was flipping back and forth between the EVF and OVF and there's much less difference than before. I was OK with it how it was because I knew that if I frames what I wanted in the OVF and ended up with more than I wanted in the shot, a bit of minimal cropping is all it would take to get back to what I saw. As is, I guess I'll have to use more care with the OVF. Not a bad thing or a wonderful thing to ME, but certainly technically an improvement.

-Ray

I must give it a try!

Lee

I'm using the 35mm lens and exactly like Ray's comment, the framelines more accurately reflects what actually gets captured in the shot.

I'm using the 35mm lens and exactly like Ray's comment, the framelines more accurately reflects what actually gets captured in the shot.

Ray, Phoenix

Ok, I believe you (honest!) and will let you know how I get on after trying it out this evening. The relative inaccuracy really bugged me initially (more so than the 'chatter'!), especially if I had the camera in 'portrait' orientation mode.

This would seem to suggest that framelines may have shifted down a bit unless they have applied some magic.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up.

Lee

I don't shoot nearly as much with the 35 as with the 18, so my memory may not be perfect. But I just did some back to back flipping between the OVF and EVF on the 18 and the framelines in the OVF are much closer to the actual frame in the EVF than I remember it being. I just swapped over to the 35 and did the same thing and the OVF frame is still quite a bit smaller than the actual frame in the EVF. Now, as noted, I don't really remember what the 35 was like because I don't use it a lot, but the 18mm framelines look pretty similar between the OVF and EVF now. There's still a pretty big difference between OVF and EVF with the 35, but I can't say its not less of a difference than before - it may be. But its definitely more of a difference than with the 18.

For whatever its worth...

-Ray

Back