New Year's Day in the woods

tonyturley

Legend
Name
Tony
Went on my usual NYD hike yesterday morning, getting into the woods long before the First Day nature tours and 16K race started. It was frigid and frosty when I started, and windy and cold when I finished a bit after noon. You can see how heavy the frost was on the trees in the first photo. I didn't see a single person anywhere on the trails. Oh, how I love winter hiking! The first six were taken with the NEX-6 + Pen F 38/1.8, and the last two with the NEX-6 + MC Tele Rokkor 200/4.

Tony

DSC01870_zps086b3374.jpg

DSC01873_zps9fd576d2.jpg

DSC01875_zpsb3a9e636.jpg

DSC01876_zps554f8add.jpg

DSC01880_zpsfba0d483.jpg

DSC01884_zpsed8f9a2c.jpg

DSC01892_zps4753b243.jpg

DSC01896_zpsde0897a6.jpg

I have to look up where Scott Depot is...hang on... Aha, I see it now. I've never been out your way. We have friends in Charleston and spent a year living in Lewisburg, West Virginia. You surely had a great walk on New Year's day... I, too, love to walk and commune with nature...and my dog. Your first is my favorite, Tony. Many thanks for posting.

Wild and wonderful - thanks.
Thanks Dale.
I have to look up where Scott Depot is...hang on... Aha, I see it now. I've never been out your way. We have friends in Charleston and spent a year living in Lewisburg, West Virginia. You surely had a great walk on New Year's day... I, too, love to walk and commune with nature...and my dog. Your first is my favorite, Tony. Many thanks for posting.
Thanks BB.
Really captures the feel of a sunny but cooold winter day - love the ice in the water...

-Ray
Thanks Ray.

Back