1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Newbie question on activating RX1 creative styles

Discussion in 'Sony RX1 Forum' started by Grizzly, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Grizzly

Grizzly New to SC

Mar 31, 2015
    Hello!

I am new to digital, and the Sony RX1 is my first "such" camera. I have about three decades of photography experience behind, but translating it into the RX1 interface seems slightly beyond my grasp, especially given the rather poor user manual that I have.

I would like to ask you to help me set the B+W Creative style, that allows shooting a BW jpeg and a raw color. I'd like to associate this style with one of those three memory positions, that is... uhm.. 1, 2 and 3.

I tried to press the Fn button and was looling for the STD setting to dig into the creative styles, as the user guide suggests, but I can't find this setting.

I only see auto, drive and flash mode settings and soft skin, smile/face detect and auto port framing.

There's a "more" button that I suspect would show me more options but can't really use it: if i press enter it activates one of the visible options and not the next page of options. I'm sure this is a no brainer for you, so I'd appreciate your advice to me-the-digital-newbie.

Thanks!

2. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    I don't have the RX1 anymore, but if memory serves, it works pretty much like any digital camera that has both raw and jpeg options. Set it to shoot raw+jpeg and then set the style to B&W and the jpeg should come out B&W (and the view on the LCD/EVF will probably be B&W as well) but the raw file is there to do with as you please... Even to convert it to B&W!

-Ray