Newlyn Blue

thanks all.
I like No2 a lot, there's a sans chien version too.
No5 I'm very pleased with ... exactly as seen thru the VF2 ... there's hardly any PP in any of them mind you, just a little straightening and a contrast tweak here and there ... the Ultron is such a fabulous lens ...

This is the quayside at Newlyn, one of the few remaining fishing ports in the UK; it could belong in my "in West Penwith" thread (which is where I am on holiday), but as I started walking down the quay snapping, I sort of knew it would deserve one of it's own ...

Love those blues, and the textures, Paul. #2 is my favorite and I think that the dog's face in the cab of the truck is a big plus. Not just saying this because I love dogs, either! To me, the beautiful deep colors and the whole scene are very very nice but having that dog there gives the image life, as in a being is there between the tide clocks, his face also gives me some place to travel to... Very nice series of blues, but I'm sticking with #2 as my fave!

I was just speculating to myself what these shots might have been like if I had been using a Sigma DP ... not that I want or need another camera of course

All really good and "atmospheric" in their way

Love No 2 - British Magic - Black wheels really set it off - I wont one, (just to look at) - (I've succumbed to a Skoda Yeti 4x4 which is OK++ - but my wife is still having image, (car that is), problems)

Nice series and nice theme. I'm going for 1 and 2 as my favourites. The window full of shapes and colours in 1 and the dog who only caught my eye after a moment or two of looking give them that something extra.

Rather annoyingly, I forgot to upload this one in the original set.
I'm adding it here rather than inserting it in the correct position in the original sequence as that would bugger up people's references to #2, #5 etc.

6180182281_b586a3fea3_b.jpg

Newlyn Blue by _loupe, on Flickr

Back