Newlyn Blue

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by pdh, Sep 22, 2011.

1. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

almost all E-P2 with Voigtlander Ultron 28/1.9 f/5.6 ISO100; one with 17/2.8

• Like Like x 3
  2. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer S.C. Charter Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Very nice indeed. I love the third one, something about the textures and colour I think :) Having a nice time?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    I think 1, 3 and 6 are my favourites. Lovely colours. Are you on holiday? It doesn't look your typical tourist attraction.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Looking good Paul. I'm really liking #2.
    Nice color palate ya have sir.

• Like Like x 1
  5. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    thanks all.
    I like No2 a lot, there's a sans chien version too.
    No5 I'm very pleased with ... exactly as seen thru the VF2 ... there's hardly any PP in any of them mind you, just a little straightening and a contrast tweak here and there ... the Ultron is such a fabulous lens ...

This is the quayside at Newlyn, one of the few remaining fishing ports in the UK; it could belong in my "in West Penwith" thread (which is where I am on holiday), but as I started walking down the quay snapping, I sort of knew it would deserve one of it's own ...

• Like Like x 3
  6. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Love those blues, and the textures, Paul. #2 is my favorite and I think that the dog's face in the cab of the truck is a big plus. Not just saying this because I love dogs, either! To me, the beautiful deep colors and the whole scene are very very nice but having that dog there gives the image life, as in a being is there between the tide clocks, his face also gives me some place to travel to... Very nice series of blues, but I'm sticking with #2 as my fave!

• Like Like x 1
  7. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    I was just speculating to myself what these shots might have been like if I had been using a Sigma DP ... not that I want or need another camera of course

8. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    All really good and "atmospheric" in their way

Love No 2 - British Magic - Black wheels really set it off - I wont one, (just to look at) - (I've succumbed to a Skoda Yeti 4x4 which is OK++ - but my wife is still having image, (car that is), problems)

• Like Like x 1
  9. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer S.C. Charter Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Well, you are on holiday, you're allowed a little speculation and who knows where it will lead? Happy Holidays :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  10. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    good heavens Bill how many cars does one man need?

11. AzPete

AzPete SC Veteran

Dec 24, 2010
    Great series pdh. The constant blue is a real connection. Love it. Thanks or sharing.

Bill has gone thru as many cars as I have wives :redface:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Very cool, nice series.

• Like Like x 1
  13. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    Nice series and nice theme. I'm going for 1 and 2 as my favourites. The window full of shapes and colours in 1 and the dog who only caught my eye after a moment or two of looking give them that something extra.

• Like Like x 1
  14. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Rather annoyingly, I forgot to upload this one in the original set.
    I'm adding it here rather than inserting it in the correct position in the original sequence as that would bugger up people's references to #2, #5 etc.

[​IMG]
    Newlyn Blue by _loupe, on Flickr

• Like Like x 1