NEX 6 hands-on mini review

Discussion in 'Sony E-Mount (incl. NEX, A7, A7R, A3000) Forum' started by Chris2500dk, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Chris2500dk

Chris2500dk SC Top Veteran

Dec 22, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Pim

Pim SC Regular

Apr 21, 2012
    Eindhoven, The Netherlands
    Thanks for posting this! I am awfully tempted by this one, so much so that I have cautiously started to sell some of my Mu43 stuff to be ready to jump ship completely should I so decide (with the Fuji offering also under consideration). I am slightly underwhelmed by the new Olympus camera's (mainly due to their ergonomics, sure the sensor and therefore output will be excellent..).
  3. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    If I were looking to buy a new camera, I'd be looking very seriously at this one. The NEX series seems to be coming closer to maturity.
  4. lenshoarder

lenshoarder SC Veteran

Mar 7, 2012
    They didn't seem to talk about the lens much. They mentioned it and then stopped.
  5. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    I wonder if the PDAF pixels help with accuracy (non continuous tracking), rather than being a boost to speed? I think this could be a selling point as long as it is reasonably quick too.

Overall, it does look like a very nice camera. I am hoping Panasonic builds something very similar as the GX2. :smile:

I am not all that interested in the power zoom (expectations were low on that one), but I am looking forward to reading some impressions on the new 35/1.8 prime.
  6. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
  7. HeatherTheVet

HeatherTheVet SC All-Pro

Apr 23, 2011
    Oooooh this looks very Heathery indeed.

I shall add it to my list off lottery wins/ surprise inheritance/ tax windfall
  8. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    +1. I'd love to play with this (the smaller lens is very appealing) but all those things (lotteries, windfalls etc) would need to come into play for me, as well :)
  9. Andrewteee

Andrewteee SC All-Pro

Jul 8, 2010
    Next year the NEX system could be a fantastic system. Continued refinements in the usability and menu systems along with new lenses from third parties (Zeiss, etc) could make it very compelling. I think Sony's on a roll.
  10. ggibson

ggibson SC Regular

Sep 14, 2011
    The NEX-6 looks like a winner to me. I like the size of the 16-50 lens, and the 35/1.8 and 10-18/4 finally fill gaps in the NEX lineup. Maybe it's time to retire my GF1 in favor of a Sony? I thought I would pick the E-M5 when prices fell a bit, but this looks like it could be a better package.