Sony NEX 6 hands-on mini review

Thanks for posting this! I am awfully tempted by this one, so much so that I have cautiously started to sell some of my Mu43 stuff to be ready to jump ship completely should I so decide (with the Fuji offering also under consideration). I am slightly underwhelmed by the new Olympus camera's (mainly due to their ergonomics, sure the sensor and therefore output will be excellent..).

I wonder if the PDAF pixels help with accuracy (non continuous tracking), rather than being a boost to speed? I think this could be a selling point as long as it is reasonably quick too.

Overall, it does look like a very nice camera. I am hoping Panasonic builds something very similar as the GX2. :)

I am not all that interested in the power zoom (expectations were low on that one), but I am looking forward to reading some impressions on the new 35/1.8 prime.

Next year the NEX system could be a fantastic system. Continued refinements in the usability and menu systems along with new lenses from third parties (Zeiss, etc) could make it very compelling. I think Sony's on a roll.

The NEX-6 looks like a winner to me. I like the size of the 16-50 lens, and the 35/1.8 and 10-18/4 finally fill gaps in the NEX lineup. Maybe it's time to retire my GF1 in favor of a Sony? I thought I would pick the E-M5 when prices fell a bit, but this looks like it could be a better package.

Back